Animal Farm

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί Book Discussions β€Ί Animal Farm

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Ah yes, tags. @christi-eaton @faithdk @gretald @belegteleri @hope @spradlin @hannah-c @sarah-h @overcomer @wordfitlyspoken @dbhgodreigns @zoe-wingfeather @hannah-olsen @writefury @anna-brie @hannah-krynicki @hislittlerose @vanna @jadamae @adry_grace @ingridrd @kate-flournoy @the-happy-bookaholic

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Adry_Grace
      @adry_grace
        • Total Posts: 169

OH NO. HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THIS. Sorry guys… Summer comes around and my brain goes into hibernation. *hangs head in shame* Next time. I will remember next time.

Ender’s Game!!!!!

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Daeus I’m reading Les Miserables, but that’s not exactly something easily adapted to this kind of club… πŸ˜›

Charlotte’s Web. Yes, yes, I knowβ€” it’s a kid’s book, but it is a classic and I think there’s lots to be learned from it.

Daeus
          @daeus

Say, @kate-flournoy, you ever heard the music for that? Les Mis, I mean.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

@Daeus just recently, and now it’s like my all time favorite stuff. I literally walk around the house singing β€˜I dreamed a dream’ and β€˜Bring him home’ and β€˜Stars’… it is such beautiful music, and the words are gorgeous too, which I don’t find too often these days. πŸ˜›

Daeus
              @daeus

@kate-flournoy Yeeeeees. There are few pieces like it. I sing those songs all the time. Stars might be my favorite (at least that I can do). Really, One Day More is my favorite, but though I try to sing it, for some reason the whole tons of parts at once thing just doesn’t work for me. πŸ˜‰ Ahhhh, now I need to get that music again!

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

Hahaha… yes, I can see how that would be difficult. πŸ˜‰ My favorite is probably Bring Him Home. To listen to and to singβ€” that last note gives me chills. πŸ˜€

@Daeus

Daeus
                  @daeus

Daaaahhh! You’re driving me crazy. I haven’t listened to that in forever. We only had this really old tape and then it got destroyed. We kinda decided to get a new copy, but it never actually happened.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      Daeus
                      @daeus

Dah, can’t watch youtube either. I mean, I do sometimes, but I’m taking a course now and we have a thirty gig a month internet limit. I’ll probably get it eventually though.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy

That is the most awful thing I’ve heard in a long time. HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUTUBE???? Okay, okay, so I’m not that dependent on it… it’s just it’s a lot easier to write sometimes when you have dramatic music playing. πŸ˜›

@Daeus

Daeus
                          @daeus

*Pulls out straw. Puts it in mouth. Puts legs on porch railing* Did I ever tell you about the time your grandpappy was a kid?

(Because I know so much about it. Hahahahahaha) *breaks off into snoring*

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy

*rueful smile* I know. I’m so spoiled.

Hannah A. Krynicki
                              @hannah-krynicki
                                • Total Posts: 81

@daeus Sorry for being antisocial. College + 18th birthday + cover designs really took their toll. Anyway, I vote for The Hobbit, but any of these books sounds good to me!

Greta
                                @gretald
                                  • Total Posts: 450

Thanks for tagging me @Daeus! Life got busy (surprise, surprise), and I forgot about the book club. *gasp* I really enjoyed Animal Farm.

@kate-flournoy
                                  Sorry, I had to butt in on this conversation. I’ve never read Les Mis, but the music… I’m kind of obsessed. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜› Les Mis is my all-time FAVORITE musical!!! The music is just so amazing. πŸ˜€
                                  We haven’t talked about reading this one before, but how about The Sign of Four, one of the Sherlock Holmes novels? Or maybe Treasure Island?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 166 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >