-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ah, but it’d make such a good story.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ha! Believe me @Daeus, I am not about to let a mad scientist anywhere near my precious brain. Thank you very much.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sure @kate-flournoy. I’ll pray for your recovery too. I’d just advise you don’t reprogram any of the good parts of your brain.
… and don’t let a mad scientist reprogram your brain.
I guess Tessa’s back, so the writing corner will go on. Speaking of which, @bluejay, did you mean 10:00 my time or your time?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Giant rats!? Ugh… 😉 I’ve always envied you guys over there the platypus, though. 😀 Good work on the poem. You listed such a random bunch of stuff, and yet it wove a completely coherent picture. I love it. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thank you @Bluejay.
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Take me down if I’m breaking a rule somewhere… 😛
Okay, the contest is ended. We have our three winners, and beautiful winners they are. Congratulations to the writers of those winners— you’ve inspired me. Inspired us all, I’m sure.
Now that the contest is over, I’m curious as to which of you entered it, and equally curious to read your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I probably won’t be writing tonight. Or tomorrow. Or…well, it’s gonna be spotty for possibly a whole month. I’m undergoing sound therapy and basically completely reprogramming my brain, so I’m totally exhausted. All my creative juices are sapped for the time being.
I may, however, get surges of inspiration—or just get so sick with…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sure Tatiana. I’ll try to remember that.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope believe it or not I hadn’t heard that one— I went and looked it up, and you’re right, it’s amazing. *sniff* So sad and nostalgic.
*runs sobbing from the room, handkerchief pressed to streaming eyes* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@His-Instrument Jesus was many things. Homeless. Outcast. Pilgrim. Teacher. Servant. Healer. You could develop Him as any of those, instead of carpenter.
And as for the first question, I’ve never read a series like that, but I certainly don’t think it couldn’t be done. There are no ‘rules’ in fiction writing— more like guidelines. Understand…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh, versions thing. Yeah, certain voices just aren’t meant for certain songs.
-
Daeus replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
A wise lamb who has the characteristic of disappearing at strange times and reappearing at even more strange times. How ’bout that???
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@hope Why somebody else besides the actor?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*rueful smile* I know. I’m so spoiled.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*Pulls out straw. Puts it in mouth. Puts legs on porch railing* Did I ever tell you about the time your grandpappy was a kid?
(Because I know so much about it. Hahahahahaha) *breaks off into snoring*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That is the most awful thing I’ve heard in a long time. HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUTUBE???? Okay, okay, so I’m not that dependent on it… it’s just it’s a lot easier to write sometimes when you have dramatic music playing. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Dah, can’t watch youtube either. I mean, I do sometimes, but I’m taking a course now and we have a thirty gig a month internet limit. I’ll probably get it eventually though.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus here. Bring Him Home.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Daaaahhh! You’re driving me crazy. I haven’t listened to that in forever. We only had this really old tape and then it got destroyed. We kinda decided to get a new copy, but it never actually happened.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus whoa… *stares*… you’re right. That is really, really freaky. 😛
- Load More
