-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope That’s a good point. I do have different expectations for a modern as opposed to a classic book. Of course, good writing is always good writing, but each age has its own trends. For Sherlock Holmes, I really wish the villains showed more emotion and incorporation when they were caught and I thought there could have been more emotion,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
I’m planning on writing till 11:30 if anyone wants to join me.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope it was an absolutely beautiful speech. The gist of it was, politics is not about candidates or parties or even government. It’s about an ideal— about liberty. And whenever it becomes about anything else, it becomes invalid. People are in charge of the government, and we have a voting process to let the voice of the people be heard, so…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope it was an absolutely beautiful speech. And I know what you mean— lots of people were very upset that he ‘broke his promise’ to support the nominee, and his response to them was perfect. Basically, he pointed out that the field has changed. When he pledged to support the Republican nominee, (roughly paraphrasing his own words here) he did…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
So, did anyone here watch Ted Cruz’s convention speech a few days ago? If so, what did you think?
Personally, every time I’ve been sure he had to fold under the pressure, he’s come out stronger than I remembered and twice as impressive. This time was no exception. It’s really encouraging to see someone sticking up for the truth, even if it doesn’t…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
This is something I have trouble with on and off. Right now, I’m doing the bible bee so things are coming along well, but I may very well make use of this later.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC I would love to, but unfortunately I don’t think I’ll have time for any reading tomorrow other than my morning devotions. Actually… come to think of it, I do this a lot. Summer is really busy for my family, and frequently I don’t have time for any reading besides the Bible in the morning. So… I guess I will be doing it, it’s just not…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Claire-C I would love to, but unfortunately I don’t think I’ll have time for any reading tomorrow other than my morning devotions. Actually… come to think of it, I do this a lot. Summer is really busy for my family, and frequently I don’t have time for any reading besides the Bible in the morning. So… I guess I will be doing it, it’s just not…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Oh good. Glad you got it figured out. *Does nothing hysterically*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
*weeps hysterically* Sorry, I just like Japan.
Yes @bluejay. It could be Damascus steel meaning he was going to Damascus. *laughs hysterically*
Um.. yeah. Let’s see. Maybe there’s some mysterious stranger how knows where he is being taken and then you could use him for a twist later on in the story.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Bluejay well, seeing as this is a corner for writers to help writers write, I think this is an appropriate question for the topic. 😉 Unfortunately I don’t have any genius ideas… probably because I’m trying to organize a kidnapping here and frame the wrong person for it, and my brain’s already spinning in crazy circles… Um, perhaps the bad…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
AAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
*chuckles evilly, wipes perspiring brow* I’m… heh-heh… I’m watching out, Tessa— never fear! I’m totally prepared to meet this! I’m totally immune to anything he thinks up! Haha! haha..ha..hahahee…
… ha
..ha
.ha
um…*smiles weakly*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay You are very sagacious. Have a bachelor’s degree. *hands one too you*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@blujay You are very sagacious. Have a bachelor’s degree. *hands one too you*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Kate says cut it out
That’s not very poetic
But I guess I can@bluejay Do the kidnappers have any habits that might leave a clue?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Bluejay wow that does sound like quite a mess. Um… I would probably assume he’d been taken by the bad guys and ask myself if I were a bad guy, where would I take him?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus I’m so insulted.
@Bluejay hm… well, that is an unfortunate fact, now isn’t it? 😛 In light of this extremely vexing circumstance, I would probably nose around until I had at least half a clue and then go from there. Starting at where I’d last seen the person.
Ha! No, you aren’t supposed to be stopping anything. Daeus is trying to drive…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
*snores*
- Load More
