-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
But especially with the scenes which could have happened, but had to be clipped for time’s sake…those are fun to go back and read and spend a little more time with favorite characters.
Oh, that</em kind would be nice. 🙂
It’s just too bad not everyone wants a giant book; then you wouldn’t have to cut scenes for time’s sake. 🙁 -
Snapper changed their profile picture 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Write a comedy where a morbid but incredibly competent potato bug is the villain in a world full of valiant trapdoor spiders. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
One thing though, Hope—I’ve never really got this.
Why include old scenes as special material, if they are in fact old? Because if you deleted them from the book, they most likely didn’t happen, and why show your fan something that could’ve happened if it didn’t? Chances are they may like the deleted way better, and then it’ll leave them…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Hullo, fellow stalker. Feel good to finally be a part of it all? 😉 I’ve seen you on Hope’s blog, so I kind of know you. 🙂
I play the piano and violin too—what genre of music do you play?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper include this line in a story: ‘Dude, we are not asking the dragon for directions.’
I love your dare, @Jess. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragons-Snapper I’m late too, we can be late together… but WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE KEEPERS OF THE PEN, @JESS!!
We do have a lot in common.
Christian? Check.
Writer? Check.
Homeschooled? Check.
Loves fantasy? Check.
Artsy? Check.
Talks to her characters? Um, check!Welcome again. So glad to have you on here. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper sorry to burst your bubble… it’s bestestist. *hysterical laughter*
And welcome regardless, @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise!!!!! So great to see you here! What’s your favorite book/series? What do you like best about writing?
And what on this earth is a nose flute?????
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Somebody give the dragon a dare. @bluejay @daeus @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @warrior-of-the-realm @his-instrument @jess @corissa-maiden-of-praise
Ahem, the dragon forgot manners…PLEASE *smiles as well as a dragon can* -
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Somebody give the dragon a prompt. @bluejay @daeus @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @warrior-of-the-realm @his-instrument @jess @corissa-maiden-of-praise
Ahem, the dragon forgot manners…PLEASE *smiles as well as a dragon can* -
Snapper replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise
Did seriously NO ONE welcome you properly? @hope got close, but no one did it properly, which allows me to do it professionally. Corissa, I, as the Dragon Snapper, welcome you to the BESTIEST place on earth! Ha, I win!!!! If you’ve been stalking, then you’ll know that that is the real way to welcome people to the website.…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise
Did seriously NO ONE welcome you properly? @hope got close, but no one did it properly, which allows me to do it proffesionaly. Corissa, I, as the Dragon Snapper, welcome you to the BESTIEST place on earth! Ha, I win!!!! If you’ve been stalking, then you’ll know that that is the real way to welcome people to the website.…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus Yes, dragons are very hard to control…especially the snapping dragon. Watch out! 😉
@warrioroftherealm That is very coincidental! Do you like Ranger’s Apprentice or Brotherband? The Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit? I can’t decide between Ranger’s and Brotherband, but I think I’m more of a Hobbit person. Movie wise, I’m more of Lord of…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
I am way too late to say this, but still, @jess Welcome to the BESTIEST place on the internet! @Daeus, why didn’t you tell me about wearing cloaks everywhere? I love cloaks!!! It has to do with my love of medieval fantasy as well. Speaking of which, Jess, I too am a medieval writer. Why does everyone write that so much?
Anyways, welcome to KP!…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
I am way too late to say this, but still, @jess Welcome to the BESTIEST place on the internet! @Daeus, why didn’t you tell me about wearing cloaks everywhere? I love cloaks!!! It has to do with my love of medieval fantasy as well. Speaking of which, Jess, I too am a medieval writer. Why does everyone write that so much?
Anyways, welcome to KP!…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Welcome, Jess. I’m so glad you found us.
Just by doing so, you have officially earned the right to bear the title Keeper of the realm of the pen, wear a cloak anywhere, and eat twice as much chocolate as the average American.
Hey, yeah. Tell us about your writing projects.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
heheh
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay I wrote 164.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay I can write for fifteen minutes if you want.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus ha! No. Despite my profile pic, I detest tabasco sauce. I think the reason I’m writing faster now is because I just got to a part where I was drastically changing the original plot, so I got to cut a ton of unnecessary stuff and just consolidate it all into two or three chapters. Just the knowledge that I was able to chop off a ton of words…[Read more]
- Load More
