-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
“As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion f…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
“There is a difference between a book of two hundred pages from the very beginning, and a book of two hundred pages which is the result of an original eight hundred pages. The six hundred are there. Only you don’t see them.” —Elie Wiesel
@Kate-Flournoy, I think you’ll appreciate this one.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Should be good.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus yes I am. I will be until… eh… ten thirty? You good till then?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Well, if you’re still writing, I’m all go.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus yes. It could be that as well.
If you’re writing now, I’m available…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
hmm… I like that theory. Not everything is better broken, but a lot of things are.
And then maybe too it’s a parable about how we see a use in something when a greater use is intended for it that we could have never seen.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
What meaning would you give it, by the way?
Ummm… something along the lines of what @Bluejay said, @Daeus, though I was more thinking somehow mankind was more blessed to see the fragments of something than they would have been to see it whole. Like, maybe brokenness was more beautiful… or useful…or something…heh. 😛
I actually have…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I don’t mean of course that ambiguity is synonymous with depth in the way modern poets take that axiom, but I mean in the sense of making imagery universal and subtle.
…if that makes any sense.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I was thinking a straight forward poem would be meaningless and that ambiguity is often synonymous with depth. I think I can support your interpretation though. It sounds like a good one.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
What meaning would you give it, by the way?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Oh, ENJF. Plenty of weirdness in me. Especially when I’m with friends and when I go brain dead. A combination of the two is positively dangerous.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus interesting… what’s your MBTI type again?? I though INFPs were supposed to be the weird ones. 😀
That is a lovely poem though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Interpretation open to interpretation. I have a gut feeling it fits though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ok, @bluejay, I’m gonna stop now. I was just planning to get one chapter edited tonight, and I got that done.
@kate-flournoy Thanks. It’s really too bad you can’t join us.
I think it deserves a poem
A jewel was shattered
Men gathered up its fragments
But a wind caught it up and blew it into distant places
And the world sparkled -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Just starting here.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@winter-rose A conference coming up really soon. Don’t know who it’s by actually, but it’s got AIG, Generations, the Benhams, and some others. It got packed out a while ago (partially due to the fact you got ark tickets with registration.)
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Ok. I’m stopping now. I edited one chapter which was 1,808 words.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay. Sure. I can write for a bit. 20-30 min or so.
- Load More

@emma-flournoy Amen to that.
@bluejay
I know that obviously, if we have gifts, we should use them; but somehow it’s so encouraging that there’s actually verses telling you specifically to use them, and for God’s glory. 🙂