-
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Bah. It didn’t work. Well, you can see one of them here if you want to. Unfortunately, I don’t have the other one online currently.
http://www.thescratchingquill.com/the-cloud-and-earth/ -
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Yeah, I like it. Focusing on symbolism could make it even better, but it’s good.
Actually though, I wouldn’t call this one visual poetry. Visual poetry is where you write a normal poem, but the way the words are arranged forms an image. For instance, you could write a poem about your ancestors in the shape of a tree. Your one about the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Yeah, I like it. Focusing on symbolism could make it even better, but it’s good.
Actually though, I wouldn’t call this one visual poetry. Visual poetry is where you write a normal poem, but the way the words are arranged forms an image. For instance, you could write a poem about your ancestors in the shape of a tree. Your one about the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Subscribe in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay The Home> Forums> General Site info> Questions How To: Subscribe is for navigation purposes. For instance, general site info is a subcategory of the forum, so it is listed after it. Those are links. I don’t know why it says subscribe at the end of that navigation sequence. It’s just black text for me. No link. Doesn’t do anything. In any…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay
I think this is a beautiful poem. It’s like, a dictionary/thesaurus for the Fruits of the Spirit! 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*tries to communicate**finds no phone**pouts*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Melts more chairs just to be rebellious**smiles, satisfied*
@kate-flournoy @bluejay @lightningmouse(if you just so happen to still be here)
I wrote 739 words, which I pretty good for a scene which was hard to write. I fixed a few things as well that needed fixing, so I’m happy with that.
Good job to all of you! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@Bluejay this is really interesting. I’ve never read a poem quite like this before, but I like it. Nothing really to point out. Great job.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Okay great @Bluejay. I got 1,020 words written, and I was working on a dream-sequence, so I’m pretty happy. 😛 Those are kinda tricky. 😉
What did you get, @Dragon-Snapper? *folds claws primly* I didn’t waste my time melting up the plastic seats, dear fellow dragoness.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh, well in that case… um… eh… for gentleness…compassion on the wounded? Healing in your hands?
And for self-control… um… disciplined wisdom? Rule over your spirit? -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Well, Gentleness could include the opposite of Smaug, but you don’t want that, do you. 😉
Gentleness: polite – loving – friendly – soft-spoken – passionate without over-enthusiasm
Self-control: control – taking deep breaths to find peace – peaceThose are the main things that came to mind. I hope it helps, @bluejay! And sorry about the…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Well, Gentleness could include the opposite of Smaug, but you don’t want that, do you. 😉
Gentleness: polite – loving – friendly – soft-spoken – passionate without over-enthusiasm
Self-control: control – taking deep breaths to find peace – peaceThose are the main things that came to mind. I hope it helps, @bluejay! And sorry about the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Sorry @Bluejay I’m stuck. The ones you have sound good. What’s wrong with them?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Daeus’ secretary would like to post on the cork board that he doesn’t write on Sundays either. If you would like to write with him, please check in on weekdays or Saturdays prior to about 5 pm EST. Thanks.
–My Secretary
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Dragons comes in late. When it finds out that it’s late, it melts all the plastic chairs.
*picks up the phone* @bluejay @lightningmouse @kate-flournoy @daeus
A dragon is never late, she arrives precisely when she means to.
I’m writing as well, to whatever extent I choose. See you all down the road!
*hangs up before anyone–even the lightning…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Bluejay, actually, I can!! Ready, set go! When will you be writing till? I can write until nine our time, like usual.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I know, it’s so hilarious—all the small world discoveries one makes sometimes. 🙂
Oh, and I totally feel for you, @Bluejay and @Anna-Brie (and anyone else who said this 😉 ), because we live in the country as well, and most of the families similar to us (which aren’t that many, either!) live an hour or more away! It’s too bad.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh and @Bluejay, the lady who wrote the foreward of Raising Maidens —Jennie Chancey—is my aunt. Isn’t that funny?
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Sea in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
I love the picture you put in my head, @bluejay. Good work!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
- Load More
