-
Snapper replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Maybe, “Spies’ Adversity”
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Sure, I could handle that. Enjoy your new position.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ugh @Dragon-Snapper I can’t stand Snoke. *shudder* I’m glad you find him intriguing, though. The more you find intriguing, the more you have to look forward to. 😉
@Anne-Swiftblade that would have been neat too… revealing his face just then. But then you might have an overbalance of mystery. Not to mention we only really start getting seriously…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay If you mean that you would give a list of books to choose from instead of having anyone suggest them, that could make things simpler, though some people might be less interested if they don’t have that say. I don’t know. If you think it’s the best thing, I’m fine with you trying it out.
It’s also fine to retire if you ever find yourself…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@alia What’s the central message of the story? What’s the major conflict? That should help me come up with ideas.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Position requires tagging people for most things, having them vote, counting up the tally, considering the popular vote and possibly overturning thought that is discouraged and should only be done if the book is one that there is significant dislike for among the minority or is way too long or something. You also need to have some skill…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Aaaaaaahh, yes… Another book. Ok, so I’d really like to do another book, but as it turns out, my schedule is tighter than I thought it would be. Unfortunately, I just can’t handle a book club anymore. However, if anyone would like to take the position over for me, I’d be perfectly happy to see the work carried on.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ooh, texting! Why didn’t I think of that? @bluejay Well, I guess that dragons can’t text with talons and all. Just let my know whenever you start writing. I won’t reply, because I’ll be writing, but please know that I’m there. Thanks!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
…*stomps into room. Finds that the phone is still melted. Gets insurance who replaces the phone and tells Dragon Snapper to not melt anything else. Dragon Snapper agrees, though is crossing fingers behind back* 🙂
*picks up new phone* Hi, @daeus‘ secretary. Yes, I was wondering if Lord Daeus was writing tonight, 8-9? Ah, he’ll get back to me in…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
…*stomps into room. Finds that the phone is still melted. Calls up insurance who replaces the phone and tells Dragon Snapper to not melt anything else. Dragon Snapper agrees, though is crossing fingers behind back* 🙂
*picks up new phone* Hi, @daeus‘ secretary. Yes, I was wondering if Lord Daeus was writing tonight, 8-9? Ah, he’ll get back to…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
…*stomps into room. Finds that the phone is still melted. Calls up insurance who replaces the phone and tells Dragon Snapper to not melt anything else. Dragon Snapper agrees, though is crossing fingers behind back* 🙂
*picks up new phone* Hi, @daeus‘ secretary. Yes, I was wondering if Lord Daeus was writing tonight? Ah, he’ll get back to me in…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@alia
Maybe because the second book is called ‘The Choice’ (I’m guessing that in the book somebody has to choose something?) that the first book should be called ‘The Hunt’ (because they are hunting for the other organization.
Hope this helps!
-Dragon Snapper -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, I kinda like that too. But I don’t think that’s how it’s going to turn out, what with all the mystery and stuff in her backstory. :/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I hope Rey remains just a normal person. I like that she’s a nobody.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh and Hannah, yes. Finn did change the way I saw Stormtroopers very much.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument @Daeus I totally agree with everything that has been said. (Like you needed my stamp of approval. I’m giving it anyway).
And yes, Hannah, I totally root for Gollum. Don’t worry. We’re weird together. 😉The thing I’m most worried about with Ren is the general incompetence of script-writers. (I know. So cynical). This character…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument I can agree that Gollum and Javert are both great bad guys. Not Kylo Ren, but still really good.
Whatever they do with Kylo Ren, it needs to be complex. Absolutely no way can he turn out to be a full bad guy. Something as simple as Vader’s redemption however would simply fall flat for him. I think his mental commitment and actions…[Read more]
- Load More
