-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ok. Thanks for the notice @kate-flournoy.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I won’t be doing it tonight. Good luck.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy @anyone-else I’m finally here and going till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Howdy yourself, @Luke-C! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
And any writing is better than no writing. You’ve laid the foundation; that’s always a start. 😀
Looking forward to seeing you around. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus there is nothing quite as satisfying as realizing you’ve really helped someone. 😀
No. You didn’t miss a thing. I couldn’t have said it better myself.
-
Daeus started the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi everyone,
While we’re all dying, I thought it would be a good idea for me to share with you a couple lessons that I learned from a recent revision to my WIP. There are three main lessons I learned that I think anyone can benefit from.
First, I learned the key to writing good omniscient point of view. For those of you unfamiliar with the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Wow, I am way late! WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE KEEPERS OF THE KINGDOM PEN @JULIA-R!!
And… pretty much everything’s been said. 😛 The one piece of advice I can give you as far as discipline goes, is make yourself a writing time and stick to it. I write in the evenings from seven to nine, and all day Saturdays. There’s an awesome thread on this…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@julia-r Sure, I’d love to see that line in a book.
-
Daeus replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@julia-r Hi fellow riter and younger his instrumenter. If you no one’s told you yet, this is the bestistest place on the internet and I can guarantee you it is a great place to grow around more mature writers. It worked for me. *disappears in cloud of pickles*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus thank you. I feel much safer. 😀
@Anna-Brie Trevelian… is a mess. 😛 You wouldn’t think it to look at his cold, hard exterior, but inside he’s broken to pieces. Which is going to be enormous fun to write. *rubs hands, cackles gleefully*
And I won’t name a character Galbatorix— it’s the name of the villain in Christopher Paolini’s Inheri…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
Small moderator note. No killing allowed. Thanks for your compliance.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
Ooh, great topic @Anna-Brie! I love names. Pretty much what everyone else said in regards to villains, though as in all cases with all things there are exceptions.
As for heroes… well, it depends on what kind of person the hero is. When I think ‘hero’ I usually think ‘noble’, ‘strong’ and ‘complicated’. Don’t ask me why I think complicated. :P…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
What indicates ‘villain’ or ‘badguy’ for me is ‘r’.
I will use some examples here from Tolkien: Mordor, Sauron, Saruman, Orcs, Trolls, Ring Wraiths. All of these have the ‘r’ in them that you can just roll around on your tongue and make is sound really badguyish. -
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument I’m not really sure I can generalize about that. You might be right, but I wouldn’t be the one to say.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus no problem. Thanks.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy. Oh, actually, looks like I have to leave now. Thanks for writing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I’m good with that.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy How about till 9:15?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I got 747 words… do you want to keep going?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus count me in.
- Load More
