-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic New Game! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ooooh, this sounds so fun, @ClaireC!
I’m terribly sorry, but I don’t think I have time to participate right now.
Y’all have fun though. 😀 -
Daeus replied to the topic New Game! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Hmm, this looks neat.
I’m gonna guess, Claire, that the lie is #1.
For myself,
1. My great grandfather was a CIA agent
2. I was born in China
3. My parents were both cults previous to their marriage. -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay I’m a little busy at present, but I’m planning to be there at eight if you can make it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@kate-flournoy What, the fantasy book? Well, you’d better. Otherwise I might whack you with my stick.
Speaking of taking advantage of you, mind taking a look at the guy and seeing if there’s any way I could improve him (aka abuse him more). So here’s his outline.
One thing you need to know is that I’m writing a loose allegory somewhat in the…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, I agree that the smallest details matter…that’s the thing about writing. Everything matters.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
What’s INFP and what’s MBTI?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ha! Wow, okay, I’ll steer clear of you then @Daeus. This INFP has zero desire to be whacked. 😀
It’s actually fascinating how captivating people are when they’re broken. This is another advantage of studying MBTI— once you figure out all the different types you can discover what hurts them most and stick them all broken and beautiful in your…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
This is awesome. Love the insight you brought to him. Hmm, I guess that mean’s he’s understood so he’s even more defenceless 😛 It’s even more beautiful now.
I think I’m going to have to carry a stick with me to whack INFPs with wherever I see them because I admit this broken INFP type has totally captivated me. I’m even making the villain in my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Julia-R, well since when have movie-makers not done romance simply because it wasn’t necessary? *wrinkles face in wry disgust* Personally, I think there are far too many movies where the romance was inserted ‘just because’. Don’t cheapen romance like that, people. It can be extremely effective in a story done properly. But done improperly?…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Julia-R, well since when have movie-makers not done romance simply because it wasn’t necessary? *wrinkles face in wry disgust* Personally, I think there are far too many movies where the romance was inserted ‘just because’. Don’t cheapen romance like that, people. It can be extremely effective in a story done properly. But done improperly?…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inserting Videos in the forum Questions and Support 10 years ago
I’ve put a video on the forum once; I think I just copy-and-pasted the link, and the video popped up. I didn’t specifically mean for it to, but it did.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay And here I must depart. I wrote 252 words and managed to get to the next chapter. *hands over new chairs and phones*
We dragons do have our honor, however. 😀 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Bluejay hm… okay. Let’s see. Henry. Ralph. Allen. Robert. Edgar. Lewis. Martin. Thomas. Wilbur. Jonathan.
And hey, Kate is an excellent name to have. XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay I will write but only for twenty minutes or so. It’ll be 9:30 EST by the time we meet again. See you soon!
Dragons are very slow learners. There’s a reason we live to be hundreds of years old; because we need more time to learn. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ah, sorry you missed us @Dragon-Snapper! It’s always fun racing someone else who has claws instead of hands. *wink*
@Bluejay hm… you mean like Saxon/Old English? Or more like Regency era? Saxon names I can give you in abundance— Wulfstan, Edelbert, Alfstan, Edwald, Cynwulf, Halfdan (though that’s more Danish than Saxon) Harald, Alf, Sigmund,…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@kate-flournoy @bluejay I missed you! 🙁 >:( *melts chairs and phone…again. Decides to spare the pens.*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Bluejay I know! *cheers*
I got 724 words written. What about you? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Bluejay me. *grins*
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Your Avatar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Mine’s sunlight on little white flowers at the edge of the woods.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Tale From Two Views in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
I like the second one best. 🙂
- Load More
