-
Daeus replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh, and what books have you written/are writing and what’s you MBTI type and what are your favorite books?
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella Posting word counts sounds cool. I am planning to do it, but it may be hard with all the editing and such I’ll have to do at the same time.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Heh heh, welcome and thrice welcome Brandon. In case you didn’t know, you have just entered the most uproariously bestistest alcove of the internet.
We are all freaks ourselves, so you should fit in well. You’re a homework avoideder too? I majored in that.
Looking forward to your articles.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Michael-Stanton now that you mention it, I thought of something that would help a technological dinosaur like me find their way around the forum more easily. In the first days of the forum, there used to be a little sidebar on the bottom right with all the newly replied-to topics listed. Something like that would save a lot of time digging…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Micheal-Stanton now that you mention it, I thought of something that would help a technological dinosaur like me find their way around the forum more easily. In the first days of the forum, there used to be a little sidebar on the bottom right with all the newly replied-to topics listed. Something like that would save a lot of time digging…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy's profile was updated 9 years, 11 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
Well, going back to read that part again, it does look more like she’s a child. 🙂 @Rolena-Hatfield
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
Heh. What they said, @Rolena-Hatfield. 😛
The story itself was engaging (and intriguing!!), but I noticed lots of structural issues, most noticeably past and present tense intermingled, and missing commas. Many words that could be switched around and/or changed for clearer meaning and smoother reading, too.Also, the last sentence—I would say…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
Man, everyone got here before I did and said everything already… *sniff*
@Rolena-Hatfield this is really some great stuff here— love the very subtle yet distinct tone of the story. The one thing I noticed that no one else pointed out is that you tend to use this sentence structure a lot: ‘Doing something, he something somethingly…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh, this is in the 1400s? I was going to guess western. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh, this is in the 1400s? 😛 I was going to guess western.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@rolena-hatfield I think this is looking good. I did pick out a good amount of things that could use improvement and I couldn’t really get to all of them, but it’s an engaging story for sure and you did an impressive job. The one thing that needed help throughout was that you got a lot of your verb tenses mixed up and occasionally you had problems…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@rolena-hatfield How harsh do you want me to be? *evil grin*
Ah, well. Only a few things. First off, when a new person starts speaking, it begins a new paragraph. Like this:
“Don’t tell me what to do, Johnny!” Bully Bob growled.
“I can’t give you my milk money, Bob.” the kid sniffled, “I just can’t.”
“Well, you’d better. Because otherwise…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@rolena-hatefield How harsh do you want me to be? *evil grin*
Ah, well. Only a few things. First off, when a new person starts speaking, it begins a new paragraph. Like this:
“Don’t tell me what to do, Johnny!” Bully Bob growled.
“I can’t give you my milk money, Bob.” the kid sniffled, “I just can’t.”
“Well, you’d better. Because otherwise…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
<em@rolena-hatefield How harsh do you want me to be? *evil grin*
Ah, well. Only a few things. First off, when a new person starts speaking, it begins a new paragraph. Like this:
“Don’t tell me what to do, Johnny!” Bully Bob growled.
“I can’t give you my milk money, Bob.” the kid sniffled, “I just can’t.”
“Well, you’d better. Because otherwise…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
<em@rolena-hatefield How harsh do you want me to be? *evil grin*
Ah, well. Only a few things. First off, when a new person starts speaking, it begins a new paragraph. Like this:
“Don’t tell me what to do, Johnny!” Bully Bob growled.
“I can’t give you my milk money, Bob.” the kid sniffled, “I just can’t.”
“Well, you’d better. Because otherwise…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
<em@rolena-hatefield How harsh do you want me to be? *evil grin*
Ah, well. Only a few things. First off, when a new person starts speaking, it begins a new paragraph. Like this:
“Don’t tell me what to do, Johnny!” Bully Bob growled.
“I can’t give you my milk money, Bob.” the kid sniffled, “I just can’t.”
“Well, you’d better. Because otherwise…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@rolena-hatefield How harsh do you want me to be? *evil grin*
Ah, well. Only a few things. First off, when a new person starts speaking, it begins a new paragraph. Like this:
“Don’t tell me what to do, Johnny!” Bully Bob growled.
“I can’t give you my milk money, Bob.” the kid sniffled, “I just can’t.”
“Well, you’d better. Because otherwise…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus thanks. 😀 *takes half of what remains*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Extremely…p.a.i.n.f.u.l.l. *dies* (Hey @daeus! Can I have that ice cream now?)
Well, the good part is that I’m getting a lot of good ideas and actually saving myself around four to five months of time in the long wrong. Believe me, this is definitely worth it. 😀
@kate-flournoy - Load More
