-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Aratrea That’s going to be so helpful; thanks a lot.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
wahoo!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus that’s wonderful.
Well… the only input I could offer is, just explain how books are supposed to mirror reality because reality is truth, and in the long run ‘… the truth shall make you free.’ That probably goes without saying, so I don’t know how helpful that’ll be, but I hope it is, anyhow.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hang Out with KP Staff Next Friday! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh dear oh dear oh dear, I’m going to be gone next Friday. *sniff* 😛
But you guys have fun for me, ‘kay? 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Thanks @Aratrea. 🙂 That’s great.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Thanks. That’s good input. I’m gonna try to sift through that chapter soon and see if there’s any way I can tone it down without completely messing up the story. There’s one little detail in particular I’m already thinking I’m gonna change.
And a little update for y’all. Relational aspects are healing. Still a lot of difficult…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Leviathan in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@R-E-P for some reason the link does not seem to be working now…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus yes. Once you get through this (and you will, make no mistake) your relationship will be much stronger and built on better understanding.
Still praying.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thanks. I guess this is a refining experience.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus yes. I’m praying.
I think the thing with bits like that is that it can come as a real shock to people who haven’t thought through the necessity of darkness in literature. They may not disagree once they think through it, but (especially for moms) the shock of hearing it without preparation can throw them into turmoil pretty harshly.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy @hannah-r @hope Hey, I’ve got a pretty big burden weighing on me right now. Honestly, I’m almost weeping as I write this. Anyway, you all know my story (Edwin Brook, that is). Well, for the first time yet som of my family’s reading it. I’ve got enthusiastic responses from my sister and dad, but I just read the first chapter of the…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh yes, Horatio Hornblower—yes, all those. Anything Kate says, I definitely do too. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh yes, Horatio Hornblower—yes, all those. Anything Kate says, definitely. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh yes, Horatio Hornblower—yes, all those. Anything Kate says, definitely. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hiring! Requirements: General Helpfulness in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield Oh no, not much practice in that department at all. 😛
Good luck on all of your story. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sarah-H yes, I loved that one! So heartwrenching… which probably explains why I loved it. 😛
Let’s see… I also really like Master and Commander, Horatio Hornblower, Little Dorrit, and Pirates of the Caribbean 1. I like the other Pirates movies as well, but none so well as the first.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh, the man who never was. As far as I know, the part they have in there about the german spy isn’t real, but I think everything else is pretty much spot on to what really happened, or at least really close. Amazing story.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Heh heh @Brandon-miller Dodge-brick… :p I mainly just like throwing the cat or riding in my pretty pink tractor. 😉
Glad you like my words. My thesaurus is still sitting here on my desk, that is, until I pick it up. -
Snapper replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Heh heh @Brandon-miller Dodge-brick… :p I mainly just like throwing the cat or riding in my pretty pink tractor. 😉
Glad you like my words. My thesaurus is still sitting here on my desk. - Load More
