-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I Need a Title in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien hm… ‘Out of the Mouths of Children’? Okay, that may be a little long and a little obvious… 😛
I really like @Daeus‘s ‘I’ll Fly Away’.
Aaaaaand I’m drawing a blank. I’ll let you know if I think of anything else though.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien no, I haven’t. And please don’t remind me of Kili… *groans* I like him much better in the book. 😛
SO, I offer you sympathy. *offers sympathy on a silver platter* But I really can’t relate. XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic I Need a Title in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ll fly away (just thinking of the swing.)
hmm… may have to think on this more.
Just a random note: make sure you work hard on backstory because conversions normally take place within a context and it’s hard to set that context within the limited space of a short story without putting a lot of effort into the backstory.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Leviathan in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@R-E-P sure, no problem. I work best with examples too. 😉
So take this first paragraph: The wind whistled through the crenelations on the castle wall. To Carl, it was a common place sound and he was not consciously aware of it. Regardless, it made a fitting backdrop for his boyish imagination as he planned a strategic mission against the wily…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic I Need a Title in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @Julia-r @clairec @winter-rose @overcomer @rolena-hatfield @anne-swiftblade @spradlin @aratrea @his-instrument @ingridrd @gretald @jadamae @Christi-eaton @jess @aella
@anyone-else
Hrrm…we-ell…here are some suggestions that come to mind.
The Song
The Song of Truth
Singer-Saver
Swing, Sing and…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Yeppy deppy. I’ll just copy this list here…
@graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @christi-eaton @aysia-serene @adry_grace @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @anna-brie @gretald @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
*reads comment*
Yes, well, here’s my advice to you Brandon. The girls will treat you very nicely for the most part, buy you have to wear dragon proof armor at all times because they have a marked lack of protocol when it comes to making shish kabob out of people. *nods* I think you will survive.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sarah-H it’s a Dickens— about the youngest daughter of a debtor’s family who has to work to help her father pay his way out of debtor’s prison. Love story, but so much more— it’s about family, and sincerity, and courage and determination and self-sacrifice— it’s one of my all time favorites. Definitely recommend it.
As with all Dickens,…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy and
Sarah Hoven are now friends 9 years, 11 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Leviathan in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@R-E-P ah yes, thank you. I’m not sure what was going on with the first one; it’s working now. *headscratch* Oh well.
I did enjoy this story— loved the humor, and I also really love the way you incorporated the Leviathan passage. That’s one of my favorite passages, btw. 😉
The biggest problem I noticed was quite a bit of telling, versus…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Leviathan in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@R-E-P Yeah, the way you incorporated the Leviathan passage was neat. 🙂
I only found a few misspellings: common place=commonplace, sir-coat=surcoat, and a foot=afoot. Also when you use the word ‘it’s’, as in ‘it’s place’, you shouldn’t have an apostrophe. If you do, that means ‘it is’. That took me a bit to learn, since other words use…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hang Out with KP Staff Next Friday! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*snaps fingers disconsolately* Unfortunately, I can’t. Sorry guys.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hang Out with KP Staff Next Friday! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hey, people! Check this out if you haven’t.
@graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @christi-eaton @aysia-serene @adry_grace @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @anna-brie @gretald @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah-o…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Yahoo! That’s incredigreat!!! Congradulations! @bluejay
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Yay @Bluejay! That’s awesome!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Bluejay Oh wow! Good job! *thunderous applause* 😀 😀 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Nah, facebook isn’t crucial to marketing. Read your first 10,000 readers by Tim Grahl. He makes the great point that your energy is way better spent finding out ways to get your fans to promote you on social media, than promoting yourself.
@Michael-Stanton I don’t interact because I’m too lazy to do social media. Seriously, it’s…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
To Anyone and Everyone or No One Whom it may concern (or just the people who were on my introductory post when I got an account 🙂 @Christi-Eaton @Hope @Daeus @Rolena-Hatfield @Faithdk @Bluejay @Sarah-h @JadaMae @Writefury @Gretald ): Maybe you remember when I got an account, I said I was not going to be regular, and only post occasionally. When I…[Read more]
-
And…wow that was long. Sorry ’bout that. 😛
-
@emma-flournoy Well yay, I’m glad you like it here so much! You add a lot of fun to the group, in case you didn’t know. Especially that first time when you hijacked Kate’s account. 🙂
-
Aww, thanks Sarah. 😀
-
-
-
@emma-flournoy
Yay! I’m glad you’ll be on here more. 🙂 You have a lot of insightful writing comments and critiques, and like @sarah-h said, this group of KeePers wouldn’t be the same without you. 😉-
Thanks Greta. That really means a lot. 🙂
I won’t just be on here ALL the time–I am trying to work on making sure I use my time in the wisest way I can—but I will be posting more that just very seldom. 😀
Thanks again. 🙂-
You’re welcome!
I know…I need to work on using my time wisely. 😛 I don’t always use it very wisely, and I’m trying to get better at that. 🙂-
@emma-flournoy I’m glad you’re going to be on here more often.
Hey, I’m editing the GC at the moment and some of your comments are so funny. I love the ones about Jenz. 🙂
Plus, you’ve made me do some serious thinking on certain plot points.-
Thanks, Tessa. 🙂
Oh good, I’m glad they’re funny and helpful. I like that combination. 😀
And I loved writing the ones about Jenz. 😛 -
I was surprised to read at the end that Lucas was your favourite character.
-
-
-
-
-
Err…you know I was joking, right? 😛 @Bluejay
-
Well…I kind figured that, but it was a bit hard to tell. You see, I knew Jenz was your fav, and then you go and say Lucas is. Maybe I should have warned you that I am the type of person who takes everything seriously. 🙂 But I can laugh at myself when some looks at me and says, “Um it was a joke.” 🙂
Does that make any sense at all? 😛
@emma-flournoy-
Well, I thought I’d said Jenz was my favorite enough that you’d know I was joking…Lucas was my least favorite. 😛 Sorry… 😀 Glad you’re not offended. 😉
-
Haha. No worries. That clears that problem up. 😉 I have finished going through and fixing up the Golden Conch with your critiques. Would you like it back to read it again? And to red text again? 🙂
@emma-flournoy-
Yes I would like to read it again! Do you want me to red text again? 😀
-
-
-
-
-
😀
-
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus
I know I haven’t read your book, though Kate’s told me stuff about it (I hear it’s really good. I.e., genius. 😀 ). But I’m sorry you’re having this difficulty, and I’m going to be praying.That article sounds like a really good idea, btw. Writing out thoughts helps me better understand them too.
I hope you get everything fixed to the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Michael-Stanton I haven’t, but that’s just because I’m a technological dinosaur and don’t have an account on any of those social media sites myself. 😛 I’m going to be getting Facebook at least, as I understand it’s crucial to marketing, but right now I’m still happily hermiting with just this forum and my mom’s email. 😉
- Load More
