-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess I’m still here.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose @aella
I’ll be doing some editing and maybe a little bit of writing for my next novel. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Oh nice. Medieval fantasy is…yes.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Thanks everyone! We’s very pleased, precious. Ye-es. *Gollum* Wait a sec…dragons don’t make those sounds. *blasts fireworks into the sky* That’s better. 😀
@overcomer @sleepwalkingMK @daeus @spradlin @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @aella (Don’t worry. I think I’m being too evil on it. Red is all over the paper. It must be my writer’s instinct. I…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Thanks everyone! We’s very pleased, precious. Ye-es. *Gollum* Wait a sec…dragons don’t make those sounds. *blasts fireworks into the sky* That’s better. 😀
@overcomer @sleepwalkingMK @daeus @spradlin @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @aella (Don’t worry. I think I’m being too evil on it. Red is all over the paper. It must be my writer’s instinct. I…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Maybe the villain is out with his troops for some reason (supervising some important project possibly) and the MCs happen to see him. Maybe they see him turn invisible and happen to know some legend about a guy who could do that which lets them know who he is.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
*hands you napkin* *Sigh* Orcs…
Cha-ching! Good luck with whatever you decide!
@warrioroftherealm -
Snapper replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Maybe they end up capturing an orc and he spills the beans?
Personally, I like to reveal information in italics. By that I mean: journal entries, flashback and chapters not based on the main character.
Oh! *jumps up excitedly* Maybe the MC’s intercept a message from Villain to orcs and they figure it out somehow? -
Daeus replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
First of all, do the good guys just need to see the villain to know what he looks like, or do they need to interact with him through something like conversation or combat? Do they need to know that he is the villain, could they have no idea who he is, or could they be deceived into thinking he is someone he isn’t?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm hm… let me see. My first idea was, is there any way the villain could have a motive for meeting them without revealing who he is? Maybe he could go and seek them out for that reason (is he curious? Afraid? Daring? Arrogant?) and meet them as a simple traveler, and things escalate from there.
Or maybe he needs to ship something…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella This is becoming the busiest point of my year, so I haven’t been able to get to NaNo yet, but I should have a lot more time starting at the twentieth, so I’ll just do what I can now and pick back up then and try to get 25,000 words.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Christi-eaton You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. Besides, after we defend ourselves and your plot is destroyed, us forum folks can snack on roasted beans.
@the-bean 😀 😀 -
Snapper replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@the-bean
@Brandon-miller The Bean is right, you know. Beans hurt when they gain momentum from a couple thousand feet up in the sky. They’ve been known to destroy homes. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose Alrighty! Great Job today!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Okay, I’ll be doing some character mapping and maybe some story planning, but I’ll be here. @bluejay @kate-flournoy @daeus @winter-rose
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Uuummmm…someone on one of Captain Cook’s sea voyages in the Pacific? Who…does something important? So creative, I know. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@bluejay @anyone else I should be around in about 30 minutes.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@all y’all Dinner sounds good. I’ll be back momentarily.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose Come on in!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella Yeppernoodles!
- Load More
