-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @sleepwalkingMK TEST DRIVE! Yes, I love that song. All HTTYD songs get to me.
@deaus Well, that’s good. I’m glad its not too complex.
@kate-flournoy My brains not keeping up with all this, so I’m just going to insert myself here and hope for the best.Okay, so I have a talking-to-my-stuff example for you all. I was…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @sleepwalkingMK TEST DRIVE! Yes, I love that song. All HTTYD songs get to me.
@deaus Well, that’s good. I’m glad its not too complex.
@kate-flournoy My brains not keeping up with all this, so I’m just going to insert myself here and hope for the best.Okay, so I have a talking-to-my-stuff example for you all. I was…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @jess @daeus @kate-flournoy @sleepwalkingMK @hope
Seriously guys? I go away for a few hours and come back to 40 something emails? Give me a few hours and I’ll catch up, don’t worry. *coughs* Go on without me. *dies* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise AUGH!!! No! No lakes anywhere around us! Nowhere for miles and miles and miles! Thank you! Hello! Goodbye! Good morning! *slams door*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Elaine? The Lady of Shalott?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Hope aiy-ya-yi, now you’re gettin’ weird. 😛 I don’t ever want to risk my life in pursuit of experience, thank you very much. The worst I’ve ever done with water is go under in a pool and just go limp and let myself float to the top like a dead fish. Then when I stand up my hair’s all over the place and my siblings call me Poisedon… so…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*shakes head* You guys…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Hope don’t you dare.
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise yep, I’m lucky. I can shout and sing and die and scream all I want. 😀
No I haven’t, mainly because I can’t swim and am terrified of water anyway. :/ -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
YES!!! Oh, I’m sure I look like a maniac planning out my fight scenes. I usually do it when I’m alone cleaning one of our rental cabins— I’ll be wiping the table in between mapping out the different imaginary obstacles, and using the butterknives for weapons… hey, I don’t have any weapons of my own. Cut me a little slack, will ya? 😛
And the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Ha! Yes! I do that! Once I had my siblings tie me hand and foot to a chair with jump-ropes. It took me seven minutes and eighty-three seconds to wriggle out. They timed me. 😛
I’ve also had to go to the chiropractor before because I popped one hip out of joint choreographing a fight scene… 😀 And then the chiropractor…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise don’t ask me. Must have been a glitch in the way you took the test or something. It’s okay. You’ll figure it out eventually. 😉
Yesss, back to strange writerly things… um… @Emma-Flournoy tells me she loves watching me write because I make the most horrible faces and she has fun trying to figure out what kind of scene…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise ohhhhhhhh, yes indeedy. Our apologies. The most emotional types aren’t necessarily the most frequent criers, though. The most emotional types are the four empaths— INFP, ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ— all the iNtuitive Feelers. NF types. Those are the most intensely emotional. But the INFP is really the only one with a reputation…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oooooh… that does make sense.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess No, thanks. You actually reaffirmed my point.
The ideas aren’t to be acted upon if they merely come from emotion. Emotion’s strength is that it prompts ideas the reason would never dare to dream. Reason then shapes those ideas to make them manageable.
People whose emotions get out of hand are that way because they’re reason isn’t playing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Hope yeah, I guess I didn’t literally mean afraid— they just don’t like it. It frustrates them and breaks a hole in their world of graphs and lines and cold white building-blocks, though @Daeus just explained why that doesn’t have to be so… 😀
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise what exactly do you need insight on? INFP’s crying habits? 😛 Well we’re…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’ve been meaning to ask, what’s exactly is the difference between an affirmative and a turbulent?
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper ENFJ=awesome. It’s really that simple. You don’t need to understand anything else. 😛
All you INTJs, look. Emotions and logic really go hand in hand. Nothing complex about it. Emotion prompts ideas and offers advice, logic evaluates things and makes the decision, and emotion drives the execution. Very good combination.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper well, you might say it’s become a hobby of mine. My type (INFP) is really into psychology and stuff, and we love people and figuring out what makes them tick, so it came naturally to me, I guess. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I’m doubting I’m actually that extroverted, like what @kate-flournoy said. I know for a fact that I can be very introverted. I guess what I’m mainly getting at is that not much of what an ENFJ is pertains to me. And I’ll admit I didn’t answer all the questions to their full potential. 😀 *guilty smile*
Talking to things…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise *pounces on offer with squeal of glee* YES!!!
*ahem* The INTJ. As Introverts, they are more reserved than otherwise, and as iNtuitives they deal in truths and concepts rather than facts and formulas, making them more visionary than practical. As Thinkers they are detached and logical; less people-oriented and more in…[Read more]
- Load More
