-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Heyyyyy, look who’s here guys!! @Writefury I daresay no one’s forgotten you who was on here before, though there are a few newbies. 😉 So great to have you here again.
Hi Wolfgang. Don’t let anything she does to you get you down. It’ll be fine in the end, I’m sure.
At least… I think I’m sure. 😛 -
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sierra-r Any thoughts on this? I think you’ve read ’em.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*refrains from pointing out that you couldn’t have said ‘goodnight’ if you were gagged*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*gags himself* Goodnight.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*folds hands in lap**subsides demurely*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy No. I evaded the subject and yet still struck it from a different angle.
And you can stop yelling. Mark Kamibaya is very sensative to it.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Ahhhhh…got it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
It’s supposed to look like googly eyes. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ve wondered for a while, what exactly does O.o mean? Some sort of emoticon, but what.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus ARE YOU CONCEDING THE SUPERIORITY OF MY ARGUMENT. O.o *trails off into evil cackling*
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Well he did refuse to tell Eragon everything. Wanted him to discover things himself, if I remember correctly. 😛
I’m extremely happy to hear Murtagh was your favorite, @Daeus. Extremely. He needed way more screen time in this series than he actually got. 🙁
And rotten ball of styrefoam? Oh dear. If it’s that bad already, stop…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Well he did refuse to tell Eragon everything. Wanted him to discover things himself, if I remember correctly. 😛
I’m extremely happy to here Murtagh was your favorite, @Daeus. Extremely. He needed way more screen time in this series than he actually got. 🙁
And rotten ball of styrefoam? Oh dear. If it’s that bad already, stop…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Fiction is real life!
*claps hands over ears*
*turns the other way*
I’m not listening to you anymore!
*deliberately walks out of ear range* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Well yeah… in real life. XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Ah! *hides from the severity*
And I’m of the coach stereotype if I’m not mistaken.
And my fencing coach was awesome.
So I gues that means you’re wrong. *looks at my logic* Yes, I think I proved that sufficiently. Coaches are great.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Murtagh was actually my favorite character
Well good. You’re not totally without hope then. 😉
Roran does get better— now that you reminded me of how muddy his beginning as a hero was, I remember disliking him intensely as well. His journey was interesting; not a typical one. Finish the series, then tell me what you thought.
And I don’t…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ve also heard they might do a tv series. My friend had the idea (the super fantastic idea) that they should end each series by doing a full length movie just showing the battles at the end.
@emma-flournoy
Well, mainly he doesn’t interact as much. He had a lot of internal monologue, of which I am one of the greatest sceptics even though I use…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh and @Daeus, how did you like Murtagh?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Okay. Should’ve known you were kidding. 😛 What specifically don’t you like about Roran? I don’t think he’s just awesome myself, but I like other characters less, including Oromis. I don’t like the elves. Do you like Eragon or Sapphira? (Say no about Eragon. He’s just meh.)
I know, I don’t think he’s a Christian either.…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Murtagh. You’re probably talking about Murtagh. Excellent choice. 😉
And as for diagnosing your problem, it’s probably just a question of what kind of reader you are. There are two types of readers (and incidentally two types of writers). Those who care most about the characters and relationships and subtext, and those who care…[Read more]
- Load More
