-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien
I find that first person works better if I want a deeper connection with my character and their emotions. Not being an overly emotional person myself, it forces me to be more in tune with what’s going on in their heads. Nevertheless, for some reason I almost always write in third person. Don’t ask me why.And you can call me…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@SleepwalkingMK Yay! You just wait. It gets better and better. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@SleewalkingMK Yay! You just wait. It gets better and better. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Good to know we won’t be killed for listing books. 😉 Why is it harder to find books than movies? Because of where you live?
A Tale of Two Cities for the theme of sacrifice and true, Christ-like love. Book and movie. Seriously, that one is so. awesome. I cried my heart out because of it, but it was so well pulled off. Do you know…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien But Kili died in the book too, so he should have in the movie!! In the book he and Fili died together though, defending Thorin. I so wish it had been that way in the movie. Have you read the book?
Yeah, the alternated “Misty Mountains” one is neat.@Mark-Kamibaya *abruptly ceases the nodding* 😀 I don’t want to lose my head.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha. Ha. Ha.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
What? That’s crazy, Kate. Can’t believe it.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I like the last ones better.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh @Daeus that example is second person writing? Okay, that makes sense now. How convenient. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I don’t think I have any lung problems…but thanks, I’ll try not to get bronchitis. 😛 Oh, and that is SO CUTE about your two year old brother!! And yes, I’ve been following Blank Mastermind since the fourth installment. 😀 For awhile.
Did you see the BM topic @Writefury started?
I generally like reading third person best,…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus yes, that’s better. Great point. Did I mention I love Kylo Ren? 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I guess that’s true. The Hans scene still works though, because the whole thing was how much compassion Ben felt for him, but he still killed him anyways. I guess that’s how I should have phrased my point. Make the villains feel their consciences very strongly and then go out and deny them.
@anne-of-lothlorien Second person is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I guess that’s true. The Hans scene still works though, because the whole thing was how much compassion Ben felt for him, but he still killed him anyways. I guess that’s how I should have phrased my point. Make the villains feel their consciences very strongly and then go out and deny them.
@anne-of-lothorien Second person is…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Sarah-H no, I hadn’t. That’s so cool. *goes and scribbles down ‘glow-in-the-dark dragons’ in her notebook* This could be really fun. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I like the last four choices— without the ‘the’.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yes to the villain things, @Hope @Daeus. Also the Kylo Ren example is a little more drastic than we usually deal with— after all, we’re usually dealing with humans, not jedi, and humans can have compassion without completely ruining their reputation as a bad guy because compassion is just compassion, not ‘the light side’. But good example just…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I agree with Hope. Good villains aren’t just villains with lots of soft spots, humor, tough pasts, or good intentions. Good villains have to be absolutely evil. Using my good buddy Kylo Ren again, he killed the jedi, killed his dad, was fine with the first order completely obliterating ten planets and everyone on them, had fits of rage, and tried…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus @Michael-Stanton @mark-kamibaya About the smiley faces, there are a thing I’ll point out. If someone is new, how can they end up helping people and yet they don’t have a lot of smiley faces?
-
Emma Flournoy and
Anne of Lothlorien are now friends 9 years, 11 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Aw, Madam Blueberry! I love that one, and thanks to you, I’ll be singing the Thankful Heart song all day. 😀
- Load More
