-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Haven’t read either of those but probably not. If you’re not getting anything out of it, stop. 😛
@Daeus -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
????
Anyway, @Daeus, I’m starting now. Tag me if you’re on. Anyone else who wants to write, feel free to jump in. I’m going till ten forty five. -
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Except now I feel like stopping again. Is there an emoji for this situation? Is it worth keeping me from reading cry the beloved country or the brothers karmasomethingorotherrussian?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey, Ks make good kaltrops for dragons.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
The longer I stare at that, the more it messes with my eyes…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Ouch… Did you really just…??? 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus gonna keep reading it unless you stop, hm? *chuckles* Glad I have you here to explain these things to me. 😀
In all seriousness, okay. Let me know what you thought once you finish.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Wellll… I flipped a heads, so I guess I’m gonna keep reading it unless I stop.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Kay Kate kan’t kantradict kat.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Also I’ll tag you when I start tomorrow, ‘kay?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus hey that’s not bad.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, that’s better than I’ve been doing recently. I did pretty good on editing tonight though. I did the first two and a half chapters from TATHOF, with the only exception of Sestin whom I’m going to focus on specifically in another round.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I got 869— not stunning, but I got over a difficult slump where there was a lull in the action so I’m happy.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh, goody.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus me. And yes, I’m planning on it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @allyecornicopiaofpeople Anyone else writing?
By the way, Kate, are you writeathoning tomorrow? I’m trying to get back into writing (as opposed to just editing) and I feel like I need to go back to boot camp.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
At any rate, David might have done a better job training Solomon than he did (at least as far as we can tell).
@Mark-Kamibaya Actually I take that back. I was talking about it with @Kate-Flournoy, and later I went and looked specifically for stuff in the Bible from David to Solomon. Looking specifically at 1 Kings 2:1-4 and 1 Chronicles 28:9 ,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I’d be the last person to judge you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Hmm, sounds better. Maybe if I’m feeling less cynical tomorrow. Or maybe I’ll flip a coin. I really don’t know. I seriously might just flip a coin.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus yes, I know. Eldest was by far the toughest to get through. Thematically wishy-washy and not accomplishing much of anything. It’s been a while since I read Brisingr, but I do seem to remember it being a lot more interesting and a lot less eye-roll-worthy when it came to the worldview, probably because it didn’t say much of anything about it…[Read more]
- Load More
