-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Tags. Yes, so they’re best for getting somebody’s attention who isn’t on here very often, getting someone’s attention if a question is time sensitive, or making sure a list of people see your post.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Okey dokey. So whatcha think of this?
“Matthew is sworn to avenge a murder. His dedication to his wronged family could bring him through any trial, but his youth and inexperience hold him back. Setting out to find new strength, he plummets into struggles for survival, desperate plots, uncertainties, and the vague shadow surrounding his destiny…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths
There are some very cool and well-done battles scenes in the prequels, but Anakin was very annoying. -
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@perfect-fifths Moody teenager indeed.
There are some very cool and well-done battles scenes in the prequels, but Anakin was very annoying. -
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus
*melts synopsis* ATTACK!!! 😛 😀
Okay, just kidding.
So, for me, I wasn’t able to connect this:Returning to wreak his vengeance, Matthew takes on the character of the mysterious Edwin Brook.
To this:
His wealth and power make his success almost certain
I guess for me, I don’t really know anything about Edwin Brooke…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus
*melts synopsis* ATTACK!!! 😛 😀
Okay, just kidding.
So, for me, I wasn’t able to connect this:Returning to wreak his vengeance, Matthew takes on the character of the mysterious Edwin Brook.
To this:
His wealth and power make his success almost certain
I guess for me, I don’t really know anything about Edwin Brooke…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus
*melts synopsis* ATTACK!!! 😛 😀
Okay, just kidding.
So, for me, I wasn’t able to connect this:Returning to wreak his vengeance, Matthew takes on the character of the mysterious Edwin Brook.
To this:
His wealth and power make his success almost certain
I guess for me, I don’t really know anything about Edwin Brooke as a…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus
*melts synopsis* ATTACK!!! 😛 😀
Okay, just kidding.
So, for me, I wasn’t able to connect this:Returning to wreak his vengeance, Matthew takes on the character of the mysterious Edwin Brook.
To this:
His wealth and power make his success almost certain
I guess for me, I don’t really know anything about Edwin Brooke as a…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Mmmm… yes. I like this. Not really much to attack… the one thing that jumped out at me as needing some work was you used this sentence structure:
Something something something, some resulting something something something result.
a lot. With the comma after the first few set-up words, then a tacked-on resulting thought. There’s nothing…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Alright, folks. So I need your sharpest analytical minds here. You see, I kinda need a finished synopsis today so I threw one together last night and would appreciate your best criticism on it. If you ever feel at any point in the synopsis that it has dipped in interest, that it sounds jerky, or that there could be better wording, please let me…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Alright, folks. So I need your sharpest analytical minds here. You see, I kinda need a finished synopsis today so I threw one together last night and would appreciate your best criticism on it. If you ever feel at any point in the synopsis that it has dipped in interest, that it sounds jerky, or that there could be better wording, please let me…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Alright, folks. So I need your sharpest analytical minds here. You see, I kinda need a finished synopsis today so I threw one together last night and would appreciate your best criticism on it. If you ever feel at any point in the synopsis that it has dipped in interest, that it sounds jerky, or that there could be better wording, please let me…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Awesome Christian Writer's Conference that you have to attend in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Ohhhhhh… yikes. Well. Yes. That would definitely put a damper on your chances of attendance. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Well, alright.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus actually I have to go. Good luck.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Well, you never asked. 😛 I actually have to go to bed at ten so it’s more like 9:45, but close enough. Company is welcome.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
What? You go till ten and you’ve never told me? I’m having an existential crisis. Maybe I’ll have to do that occasionally… I like to read at night, but I should be writing more…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Awesome Christian Writer's Conference that you have to attend in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Here you are. Though this was for this years.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus I actually usually go till ten… 😛 But not tonight. I’ll be with you as far as nine, then I’m stopping cuz my dad and brother are coming home from a hunting trip and that’s when they’re supposed to get here.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy @anyone-else I’m gonna write tonight. Except, I’m gonna try to write a synopsis and I’m going till ten instead of nine.
- Load More
