-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Happy 2017! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@ingridrd Am I hearing the voice of Tiny Tim whispering in my ear? XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@I-j-Anderson Wow! That picture says a lot. It seems like ‘her life is weighed in the balance’.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@I-j-Anderson Wow! That picture says a lot. It seems like, heh, ‘her life is weighed in the balance’.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Government Conspiracies in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@northerner @hope Maybe it is injected just like any other required medications. It could be required to vote or to have a job. In the Star Wars universe, slaves have something like this that tracks them or will ‘blow them up’ if they attempt to escape. Each slave is given one as they come in to slavery. Anakin talks about this in the 1st movie.
-
Snapper replied to the topic First or Third? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
A book series that was written this way are the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordian. He wrote it as if the two siblings were speaking into a microphone, recording the book. Chapter One is the brother, Chapter Two is the sister, Chapter three is the brother, chapter four is the sister and so on.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ah yes, the twins. When I first watched HTTYD, I was like, uh, no. But they have seriously grown on me. Even Snotlout has grown on me. Not because I necessarily like him, but because they showed why he acts like he does.
Can you believe we have to wait until 2019 for a HTTYD 3? XO
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic First or Third? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@gideon-sowdon I personally don’t like multiple first person POVs, mainly because I’ve never read one that was done well. Even when an author clarifies which character is narrating, the voice for both is generally exactly the same. You have to make sure and create a unique voice for each narrator, so that the characters don’t seem identical and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@ethryndal Awesomeness? I also love the Twins. They are hilarious!
And well, they have to come out with another season, because season 3 ended with a cliffhanger (not saying anything else) but it wouldn’t make sense for them to do otherwise. It’s just taking them forever. -
Ethryndal replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
*jumping into a conversation that’s been going on forever like I usually do* @dragon-snapper They’re still doing another season? My life is complete. I’m not quite done with season 2 yet, but they’re way better than I thought they would be. Hiccup and Toothless are just… *shoots ten firework arrows into the sky for lack of a better word*
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene Yeah, they had been coming out frequently (I think there are three seasons now of Race to the Edge), but since its been forever they should come out with the new season soon enough…I hope. 🙁
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene Yeah, they had been coming out in predictability, but since its been forever they should come out with the new season soon enough…I hope. 🙁
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene Well, I like them. The humor is awesome, and it has a fair bit of excitement and action. The only complaint I have is that I’ve been waiting for the next season for months. And I’m on a cliffhanger!!! GAH! It’s like waiting for the Shadow Throne to come out after the Runaway King’s ending.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@leumeister Yeah. Though pages should work for that too if you have a mac user who doesn’t have word.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@leumiester Yeah. Though pages should work for that too if you have a mac user who doesn’t have word.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@leumeister Are you hoping to get beta readers? Here’s what I’d recommend. You’ll want to use a word document. The reason is that beta readers can easily leave detailed comments on there. With a pdf, from what I know, all they can do is read it and then send you their overall comments. I think you could use dropbox to share the file if you want,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@christi-eaton I got almost half the way through the first one, but Marcus was honestly the only character I cared about, so I put it down. I’m sure it’s got brilliant points, but I wasn’t able to keep it up.
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene Oh, Roden. That was one of the most suspenseful scenes ever! And a 3rd movie! I can’t wait until it comes out in forever amount of years. Ugh. Have you seen any of the episodes? (Race to the Edge)
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
disappears in flames
That’s a new one. Cool!
Oh yeah and yay! Ascendance Trilogy! Her books inspired most of my writing. Sage is definitely the best of the two, though I haven’t read hardly any of the Mark of the Thief books. Which of the three books is your favorite? Mine is probably The Runaway King, but the False…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
disappears in flames
That’s a new one. Cool!
Oh yeah! Ascendance Trilogy! Her books inspired most of my writing. Sage is definitely the best of the two, though I haven’t read hardly any of the Mark of the Thief books. Which of the three books is your favorite? Mine is probably The Runaway King, but the False Prince is…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Government Conspiracies in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
No ideas. None. My brain is empty. But I shall let you know if I come up with something. *nods*
- Load More
