-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper You could write about an ultimately awesome dragon who melts peoples’ chairs…no seriously! If you’d like to write comedy!
But I’ll think more and pop back in if a really good one strikes. -
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@emma-flournoy Well, your sister is a dragon, and I’m sure that the Moderators would not want a dragon fight on there hands. Don’t worry, I don’t usually melt people either. Chairs are much more satisfactory and I don’t regret it either.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@jess @his-instrument @Julia-r @bluejay @daeus @Kate-flournoy @aysia-serene @emma-flournoy @rolena-hatfield @leumeister @perfectfifths @winter-rose @sleepwalkingMK @ethryndal @northerner @anyone else who I am sorry that I missed.
Everyone, I need your help. Yeah, you just heard the ultimately awesome dragon say that, but that’s not the point. I’m…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument @Julia-r @bluejay @daeus @Kate-flournoy @aysia-serene @emma-flournoy @rolena-hatfield @leumeister @perfectfifths @winter-rose @sleepwalkingMK @ethryndal @anyone else who I am sorry that I missed.
Everyone, I need your help. Yeah, you just heard the ultimately awesome dragon say that, but that’s not the point. I’m on the verge of…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@Ethryndal Okay, no one wants the disappointment of Toothless for the rest of their life. 😛
And Lord of the Rings geek compulsion…I can’t imagine what that’s like. (*coughcoughcough*)
@Dragon-Snapper I haven’t read them…I’ve only seen the 1st HTTYD movie. Don’t melt me.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@leumeister Please don’t write eight. I’m trying to work through Flanagan’s 12 books of the Ranger’s Apprentice, and quite frankly, it gets to be torture to read so much for me.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@leumeister I think that’s a good thing. Series are a good thing to write these days.
My one question is how many books there would be. Two or eight? Eight might be a little much. I’ve heard that the ultimate series is a trilogy, cause most people will stay for those three books, but after that the number of committed readers will start to dwindle.
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@aysia-serene @emma-flournoy I had a sibling who read those once…didn’t Toothless talk or something? Also strange…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I’ve read it now too. A book with heart to it is right, @Daeus. (Obviously, since you don’t say un-right things. 😉 )
It’s very, very good. Certainly unusual, but a thinking book as Kate said, and I love those. -
Ethryndal replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
We could not oblige them, and just not be driven insane, ya know…kinda thwart their flawless plot?
@Emma-Flournoy The eyes of Toothless would stare at me in disappointment for the rest of my life. 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@emma-flournoy Hey, if you’re a wizard, you’re never late!
Ok, I know that one’s a little over used. I couldn’t help it. Lord of the Rings Geek compulsion. 😉
@aysia-serene Astrid isn’t real. *blinks foggily* Whoa. I never saw that one coming. Ok. *shakes head to clear the fog* I’ll add that one to the list of strange book-to-movie differences.
-
Emma Flournoy and
Ethryndal are now friends 9 years, 9 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Ideas for a New Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 9 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Not to mention that families would be separated. Some families are part Christian part not. And what would this mean for other religions? The Catholics and some other religions use the bible, if not in the way us as Christians do. Would there still be Muslim faith and other religions such as that? And some people claim to be…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@Aysia-Serene Weeeelll…can you really blame them. 😛 I mean, you’d rather that than incorrect pronunciation, wouldn’t ya?
*shocked gasp* You are being so hypocritical! But I know. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Government Conspiracies in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 9 months ago
@Hope that definitely sounds like it’d be enough to start a rebellion.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@Aysia-Serene Fashionably late I am, but welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome!!
Is your name pronounced like Asia, the country?
Oh my, what is that weird noise…I think it’s a master plot to drive their audiences insane so they can make zillions of dollars or something.
Yup, that it is. With every movie series that does that. It w…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal's profile was updated 9 years, 9 months ago
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper Your claws getting in the way? 😉 And yeah, Astrid can be pretty annoying. I liked her more in HTTYD 2 than in the first one or any of the episodes I’ve seen so far. And YES. They are VILLAINS. I think it’s a master plot to drive their audiences insane so they can make zillions of dollars or something. 😛
@aysia-serene Snotlout…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Ideas for a New Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 9 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield A pleasure, to be sure. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic *shy wave* I'm the old new person who's finally saying hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@ethryndal @aysia-serene well, I had written a reply, but then I accidentally closed out of the tab before I was able to click submit. Oops. 😛
Anyhoo…I think the producers are just plain evil to make us wait two, three years for HTTYD3 to come out. The thing about the episodes is that they are ‘rewatchable’. I’ve ‘rewatched’ many of the…[Read more] - Load More
