-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
*screams* @Hope you deserted me!
Oh wait, I can do this. Yeah. I’m fine. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I love it. Nothing really to complain of that I can see. I do think the picture of the man is a little fuzzy, but that may be just the distraction of all the watermarks and such on the cover. I love the crossed axe and sword. Overall, I find it very eye-catching and engaging.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
Ok, watcha think of this?

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thanks for the input. Do you think the capitals are just too big, or do you think they are too fancy — or both. Also, do you agree that the font seems to come down too close to his head?
I get unlimited revisions, but there’s a time limit. I think it’s normally about a week you have, but it’s been a bit different for me. My…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus heyyyy, I actually really like that. There’s a lot more for the brain to process there; it’s vastly more interesting. The only thing I can think might help with setting the genre a bit more obviously is a sword somewhere in the design… it doesn’t have to be in the actual picture, but maybe in the border… just a sword-shape. You could…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @mark-kamabaya @jess @hope @his-instrument @dragon-snapper @anyone-else.
Hey, y’all. I’m back with another cover here. I think my designer either misunderstood me or missed some of my changes, so it’s a bit different than what I was planning, but it ended up being pretty cool in my opinion. I get the feel that it’s…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Name For Rodyn in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal Huzzah! I win! 😛 😉 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Daughter Of Eve saying "Hi"! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@S-G-Dewey
Yay! Another new person! A Narnia and a LotR person? Yay! I myself am more a LotR universe person, but Narnia is still awesome! I am one of those dragons which @ethryndal mentioned. I am the melter…of chairs. I don’t melt people. So don’t worry. 😛
Welcome to the BESTESTIST MOST AMAZINGIEST AND FANTASGREATIEST place. At least,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Daughter Of Eve saying "Hi"! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@S.G.Dewey
Yay! Another new person! A Narnia and a LotR person? Yay! I myself am more a LotR universe person, but Narnia is still awesome! I am one of those dragons which @ethryndal mentioned. I am the melter…of chairs. I don’t melt people. So don’t worry. 😛
Welcome to the BESTESTIST MOST AMAZINGIEST AND FANTASGREATIEST place. At least,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Daughter Of Eve saying "Hi"! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@s.g.dewey
Yay! Another new person! A Narnia and a LotR person? Yay! I myself am more a LotR universe person, but Narnia is still awesome! I am one of those dragons which @ethryndal mentioned. I am the melter…of chairs. I don’t melt people. So don’t worry. 😛
Welcome to the BESTESTIST MOST AMAZINGIEST AND FANTASGREATIEST place. At least,…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Memories and What They Look Like in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose Just a thought here, but what about weather? Happy memories radiate light, angry memories are stormy, sad memories seem wet and rainy, confused memories foggy, memories of love all glowy and warm.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Daughter Of Eve saying "Hi"! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Welcome, @S-G-Dewey! I was about to ask if you were a human, elf, or dragon, but then I actually read the title of this thread. 🙂 Daughter of Eve. I got this. I myself am an elf, and I believe we have a few dragons slinking around in the shadows. But don’t worry, they try not to melt people. Most of the time. 😉
New Zealand, Iceland, and the UK.…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Name For Rodyn in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
Ah, okay, good. Sorry, people. Moment of indecision has passed. I have them quite often. Thanks for bearing with me. 🙂 Silver Flame it is.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Daughter Of Eve saying "Hi"! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hi, Suzanna. Glad you found us. Puddleglum’s one of my favorites too.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Daughter Of Eve saying "Hi"! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hey @S-G-Dewey! Good ta meet ya.
What kind of music do you like to play? -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Daughter Of Eve saying "Hi"! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hey S-G-Dewey! Good ta meet ya.
What kind of music do you like to play? -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Name For Rodyn in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal I like Silver Flame. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Daughter Of Eve saying "Hi"! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@S-G-Dewey welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! *squeals* I said it first guys!
*ahem* Yes. Hello. Very pleased to make your acquaintance, Daughter of Eve. Even if your mum’s name isn’t Helen. And even if you are in fact human. 😉 I assume you write primarily fantasy? What’s your favorite thing about writing, if you can pick just…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Name For Rodyn in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal Okay, I won’t melt you. (dragon snappers, as a general rule, don’t melt people 😉 ) And of course, if you wanted spark, it is your story and you have freedom to do whichever you please.
- Load More
