-
Daeus replied to the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Thanks, y’all. I’m thinking for my story I’m gonna have to write it mainly as one long story arc, but give each book a feeling of semi-completion.
@kate-flournoy @hope You two have thoughts on this, don’t you?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose I actually have to go now too. So… Namarie!
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@overcomer Fare thee well!
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Whoop whoop!
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose @overcomer You still here? The Elf has shown up late to the writing party.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@overcomer @winter-rose I have to fly now, but I was able to write about 2 1/2 paper. Good luck to you two!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin That’s great! I’m so glad you’re finding it helpful. 🙂 If you ever have any questions about applying the lessons to your novel, we’ll be around.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@overcomer I’ll be here for an uncertain amount of time. If I suddenly fly off, you’ll know why.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Alrighty! I might have to go in a few minutes, but I’ll see what we can get done. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner @winter-rose @bluejay @ethryndal @perfectfifths @jess @daeus @kate-flournoy @overcomer
I’m going to be doing some more brainstorming/worldbuilding/allthethings if anyone wants to join me. -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I’d love to help with this one, I really would, BUT I’m actually in the same boat. I’ve got this thing I’m planning on writing once I finish my current book, but it’s so long that I’m not sure what to do with it. So this thread ought to be pretty beneficial. And I agree with what @Jess said about middle books. They’re usually really boring,…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I pretty much second everything everyone else has said. Powerful Christian themes that aren’t cheesy. I also want to learn how to weave every thread of my story into the theme, because for the most part, the flow of my stories feel a bit jerky because not everything ends up being connected to the theme. (characters, villains, climax, etc)
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I want to learn how to weave every thread of my story into the theme. For the most part, the flow of the story always feels jerky because not everything ends up being connected to the theme. (characters, villains, climax, etc)
-
Daeus replied to the topic Panel Questions in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Absolutely. Just to clarify, you are talking about building an audience for your books, right? I thought possibly you might be asking about branding — like presenting a consistent impression of yourself in everything you do, which is kinda related, but much more of a specific topic.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Going Live in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Absolutely. You can submit your questions here: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/panel-questions/ You should be able to use the same link for the event to access the recording later.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Going Live in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@northener Absolutely. You can submit your questions here: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/panel-questions/ You should be able to use the same link for the event to access the recording later.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @anyone-else Ok, here’s with all silver and here’s with a gold title. I’m feeling like I liked it better with the silver title and gold subtitle, but I don’t think that was quite right either. Thoughts?


-
Daeus replied to the topic Going Live in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Yes, there will be a recording.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Thanks @mark-kamibaya @jess @winter-rose I have read Katie’s article, by the way. That’s what made me decide to study this further.
So, I guess I should provide some further information. This trilogy will be pretty LOTResque. I mean, it’s epic fantasy with a lot of travel and a basically comparable story goal. Actually, I know LOTR was originally…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-h Um, about whenever my mom finishes her second edit + a week or two. 😉
- Load More
