-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy You’re at a huge book signing when someone comes up to you and points a gun at your head, telling you to come up with a writing prompt or die. Your mind goes blank. The man fires, but the bullet get’s stuck in your writer’s block.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
You’re at a huge book signing when someone comes up to you and points a gun at your head, telling you to come up with a writing prompt or die. Your mind goes blank. The man fires, but the bullet get’s stuck in your writer’s block.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose nope, not a problem. And I like that one a lot.
Soooo… let’s say the new topic is cell phones, shall we? If any of you still have any brilliant train (or otherwise completely unrelated 😉 ) ideas feel free to share, of course. It just helps with focus if we have a topic.@Jenali ooh, I love those too! Very nice work everyone.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
lol! Those are hilarious @GracieGirl. They may indeed prove a bit too long, but I’ll try them, and regardless they’re hilarious. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@jenali I really like that. The fact that you would normally think things like physical strength would be the most important thing in protecting you loved ones means you have a lot of potential for a deep theme.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 7 months ago
@jenali No problem asking it here. Yes, many many secular books have a theme. A book doesn’t have to have a theme, but even if the author doesn’t intend it, most books do. Some of them can be very powerful, though that is rare. I personally believe that Christian books have an advantage when it comes to theme, because our world view is accurate.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Progress is always better than a step nowhere, right?
*bows* Glad to be of service. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl I’ve finished my poem, and the editing of it, so I’m going to stop now. How’d you do?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl I full heartedly agree. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Coolio, thanks for writing!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper I have to stop now because I remembered I have some stuff to do before dinner, but thanks for writing.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Lol! 😀 This place is awesome.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Great!I forgot to mention, that whenever we leave, we post the progress we made and say our farewells (if you want to 😛 ). That way no one keeps writing for a million years waiting on the next Tolkien for a progress report. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graceigirl Great! whenever you leave, just tag us and post your progress (if you want to 😛 ). That way no one keeps writing for a million years waiting on the next Tolkien for a progress report. 😛
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Thanks! That’s a really cool idea. I’d love to join for a little bit. I have some writing I want to get done that I’ve been shirking all day.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Basically, the Writers’ Corner is a thread where someone posts when they are writing something (anything) and someone else can see that and write at the same time. Daeus and I are writing at the same time, and it gives us an accountability factor. Protection against dilly-dallying on the internets and stuff like that.
Want to join?…[Read more] -
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus or @dragon-snapper I’m curious, how exactly does this Writer’s Corner work? What are you guys doing?
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Deaus or @dragon-snapper I’m curious, how exactly does this Writer’s Corner work? What are you guys doing?
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@deaus or @dragon-snapper I’m curious, how exactly does this Writer’s Corner work? What are you guys doing?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Great!
…though I’m using the term ‘copyediting’ freely. I wrote something on paper and I’m typing it and editing it at the same time. 😛 - Load More
