-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus I think lingering works. Better than anything I could come up with.
Aaand… honestly I’m not sure. It’s a toss-up. Both of those work in different ways… So helpful, I know. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Description Opinions in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
Ok, I’m back.
@kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @northerner @hope @winter-rose @graciegirl.
So what do you think of lingering bittersweetness?
Also, instead of saying, “forced to confront everything he fights for shattered,” do you think it would be better to say, “forced to confront everything he fights for ruined”?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Christi-Eaton I know! I specifically meant to call you over here, but when I remembered again I was already in bed. *scowl* Rest assured, it was no betrayal.
😉
And yes, you should write something on Les Mis.
Oh, and it wasn’t the musical? 😮 I was thinking it was the musical this whole time (that’s why I thought you’d all be hoarse after so…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Christi-Eaton I know! I specifically meant to call you over here, but when I remembered again I was already in bed. *scowl* Rest assured, it was no betrayal.
😉
And yes, you should write something on Les Mis.
Oh, and it wasn’t the musical? 😮 I was thinking it was the musical this whole time (that’s why I thought you’d all be hoarse after so…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Call for beta readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@Northerner Ha! Welp, now you know. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Call for beta readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@Northerner Whoa you got back quickly. 😛 I guess I’ll just wait until Sarah is available. (Don’t you love how much we depend on you @Spradlin?)
-
Snapper replied to the topic Amnesia? in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle What they said. I actually haven’t read too many amnesia books, though I haven’t a small part of it. It think that what you have is great!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Amnesia? in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rachelle What they said. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Call for beta readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 7 months ago
@Northerner I e-mailed, but I’ve gotten no return from Sarah or you as of yet…wondering if the transaction has taken place?
@Spradlin I need you!! 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Amnesia? in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 7 months ago
Ladies and gentlemen, this is how we integrate theme and premise. Let’s have a round of applause.
*deafening applause*@Rachelle I love it! Do it. Cliches aren’t cliches if they’re part of the theme and by extension necessary to the story.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Amnesia? in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle That sounds really neat, actually. I don’t really think cliches are a big problem, so long as you write well. My one thought is that it would be best if you could at least give some hint of the theme early on. Maybe the characters don’t have any clue about the theme, but you could show some of the government people talking about justice and such.
-
Kate Flournoy and
R. J. Wordsmith are now friends 9 years, 7 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Thanks so much guys @Hope @Audrey-Caylin @Kayla-Joy!
@R-J-Wordsmith sure thing. How about… pencils? *eyes twinkle*
-
Gracie replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument Ah! Linguini! That was his name. I remember now. Yes, one of Pixar’s best for sure.
Hmmm… Oooh! *giggles* Okay, this is either going to be insanely easy or impossible, I’m not sure which. Here’s mine:
“Life forms! You tiny little life forms! You precious little life forms! Where are you?”
-
Gracie replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@His-instrument Ooh-ooh! Pick me, pick me!!! Ratatouille!!! It’s when What’s-his-Name the trash boy talks to Remmie while Remmie is in the jar! Oh, I love that movie. The ending is somehow so perfect. I think it’s bc they actually closed down the restaurant instead of accepting a rat as a cook like you might expect from a movie like that. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument Edward III claimed to be king of France and began the hundred year’s war in…1347.
Is that right?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument Well, if you got me started on them I bet I could remember the rest.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@his-instrument. Oh, you did classical conversations? That’s neat. I was in it from 8-17.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy *GASP!* You can’t be a true Les Mis fan if you haven’t read about the sewers!
Yeah. Sure. Whatever. It’s still one of my favorites, so I can forgive you. Actually, you’re totally and 100% right, I’m just righter.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Let's talk about Jean Valjean. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Oh and btw @His-Instrument, welcome back. 🙂 Glad you brought lots of truth to whatever galaxies you were in.
- Load More
