-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@I-j-Anderson First off….WOWOWOWOWOWOWW!!! You are good at drawing people. *runs off and decides to start practicing*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus *grins* Thanks…
And those sound absolutely adorable. I want one.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths Is outside critique not allowed?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@i-j-anderson (btw, Taren’s also silently intense and sympathetic)
Ok, here goes one for a fantasy race I’m working on inventing.
The name is Teedletiden.
They are two to three feet in height, human like, and tree-dwellers. Culturally, they are traditional and by disposition merry, musical, and artistic. Their chief occupation is an…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
And I have easily a bazilliondy characters (not exaggerating), so if for whatever reason that doesn’t work, I can offer you more. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@I-J-Anderson … did… did I understand this correctly? You want descriptions of characters so maybe they can inspire you and other ‘stuck’ artists to draw a portrait of them?
This is… I like this. This is unusual. But really cool.
Umkay… let me see. *scratches head* Assuming I’ve understood this correctly… have a character.
Taren.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@-I-J-Anderson … did… did I understand this correctly? You want descriptions of characters so maybe they can inspire you and other ‘stuck’ artists to draw a portrait of them?
This is… I like this. This is unusual. But really cool.
Umkay… let me see. *scratches head* Assuming I’ve understood this correctly… have a character.
Taren.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths As for emails, you could have either Sarah Spradlin or me act as a middleman to get it out to everybody.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose To get the notifications by email, click on your name. Then, under settings, there will be four tabs. General, email etc. Under email and there will be the settings to receive notifications. Hope that helps!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Orthanc is specifically the tower, while Isengard is the area within that big circle. At least I think that’s it…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose @graciegirl *gets captured by orcs and taken to Orthanc*
Well, I think I’m going to stop now. I wrote 500 or so words, which I am not too happy with. Whether or not I’ll keep it is debatable, but it was an idea on paper. Thanks for joining me! -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
*passes around lembas and roast chicken and salted pork*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl 1,2,3. You’re in!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Count me in!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@overcomer @winter-rose @daeus @r-j-wordsmith @northerner @jess @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @graciegirl @Audrey-caylin I’ll be writing/planning/brainstorming if anyone wants to join me.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths You are so much more ambitious than I… XD Ooh, I want to read it! That’s a pretty interesting idea, converting something you’ve already written into a short story. How does it work, exactly, sharing the link?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Sarcastic Elf in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy I will never understand the language we speak.
@Audrey-Caylin Oddly enough, that’s actually as big as I could make the title. So either WordPress wants me to upgrade so I can make it bigger (and subsequently pay them money) , or I have no idea what I’m doing and missed something totally obvious. Both are plausible. 🙂 I’m going to…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal posted an update 9 years, 7 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy Whoo hoo, you’re a superhero now! We all knew it would happen eventually. 😀 In fact, I was just writing an acrostics about you, just for fun. 🙂
Enthusiastic
Mature
Modest
AmazingFriendly
Lively
Optimistic
Uplifting
Relaxed
Nice
Open
You can think of a Y word because I can’t…😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya I no, I’m so sorry! I will definitely pray for you guys.
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 7 months ago
@Spradlin If you wrote that superhero thing, I’ll have you know it totally made my day. *hugs you* You’re so sweet!
-
@emma-flournoy It was definitely well-deserved! We’re lucky to have you, superhero. 😀 But actually, it’s @christi-eaton you should be thanking. She’s the one who wrote it. 😉 A down-right gift for encouragement, that one has.
-
@Christi-Eaton Why you—you—you SWEETHEART! Agh, I’m sorry to have blown your cover if you wanted it secret, but I can’t say I’m sorry I know. 😛 You are too nice!!
@Spradlin Thanks. <3 You should have been a superhero long ago, and I already consider you one. 🙂
-
@emma-flournoy
You deserve it because you are such a sweetheart yourself. <3 Whether you knew or not, I didn't care, I just love finding ways to make people's days. It gives me an exciting purpose. 🙂 But it also helps that KP has just wonderful people that I love so much and I can shower them with that love even if they never know 😉-
*crushes you in hug* <3 <3 <3 I. love. nice. people.
Btw, Kate told me about the role you got for Beauty and the Beast; I *sheepish grin* can't quite remember who it was…some lady. 😛 Was it the one you wanted, the drunk bandit?-
I like nice people too, (and you are one of them)
No, not the drunk bandit, 🙁 but I’m playing Mme. Claudet, who is a boutique owner. Basically, her main goal is to get the Gaston character to love her, which requires an excessive amount of flirting, and our Gaston character (I can’t remember his name off the top of my head) is being played by my…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
-
@Christi-Eaton That does sound quite interesting. 😀 Have fun!
-
- Load More

@Ethryndal! *hugs you ’cause she can’t help it even though INTJs don’t like emotional display*
Why do you have to be so nice?
I can’t think of a Y either. Yummy? That’s the only positive Y word I could think of off the top of my head, and that’s only positive if you’re a cannibal. (I don’t think you are.)
Thanks, Sarah. 🙂
The superhero…I was…[Read more]
@Emma-Flournoy Ah, aherm, yes, most Elves don’t partake in cannibalism. XD I actually got curious and looked up positive Y words, and Yummy was practically the only one. Yummy and Yum. You are neither. I hope. 😉
Well, you deserve to be a superhero. Seriously, when I think of nice people on KP, you’re top on my list. So encouraging and helpful,…[Read more]
Nope. I’m very bland tasting.
That is seriously encouraging!! (You’re one of my faves too. ) That’s one of the nicest things you could say. To be helpful and encouraging is pretty much my ultimate goal along with doing everything for God’s glory, so when people say I am it just makes me SO happy. (Don’t tell people, but shortly after I got on KP…[Read more]
*awkwardly pats head because that’s all INTJs know how to do* I think it’s so neat, how much you want to serve God. Most of the teenagers I know are pretty shallow in regards to spiritual things, so when I meet one who’s not, it makes me want to do a happy dance or something. Honestly, most of the kids on KP seem to be pretty deep people, and…[Read more]
Yay, mission accomplished! I’m not shallow! 😀
No, I know what you mean. I don’t even know that many teenagers (aside from here of course), but I know what you mean. I love meeting spiritually un-shallow young people too, and it makes me seriously glad when I find one. Many of the awesome young people I know I know from here.
Whew, glad I didn’t…[Read more]
Yup, it’s a novel. Two years in the making and very little to show for it. 😛 Glad you’re interested. (And if it helps, it’s not a very long book. 40,000 words, and I don’t think it’s going to grow any time soon.) But that’s getting ahead of myself, because it’s not even going to be done for a while. 🙂
So how’s life?
*pops in real quick* @Ethryndal @Emma-Flournoy you guys are both amazing. *pops out*
@Kate-Flournoy Oh. Thanks, good to known. XD You’re amazing too.
Oh my @Kate-Flournoy, you too. *insane head-bobbing*
@Ethryndal Life….life…well, it’s going pretty much like life, currently. 🙂 Regular old cabin cleaning, school work, stuff… But I recently finished most of my school, and that makes me SO HAPPY!!! Ain’t goin’ to college, either.
Reading, beta-reading, playing the violin when I have time, playing the piano very seldom because when I have time…[Read more]
@Emma-Flournoy Oh, I’ll definitely pray for you. I have quite a bit of experience with chronic health problems that seem to have no answers, not for myself, but for my mom, so I understand. And I used to have really bad headaches all the time, and they are No. Fun. So yeah, I’ll be praying. At least you get lots of people-watching experience,…[Read more]
Thanks. 🙂
I know, your mom; is her problem something you think will be fixable sometime? I’ve been praying for her too.
Yeah…like, all of it. 😛 I have some math review I’ll be doing, and a couple more reports to write, and a rather large amount of history books to read still (but really, one should never stop reading educational books)…all…[Read more]
I just realized that could be slightly insulting. I’M TECHNICALLY NORMAL TOO. Just so we’re on the same page here. 😉
Flugabafluffff…mom is…well, it’s something called ‘Topical Steroid Withdrawal’, which is basically what happens when you use steroid creams, like Cortizone for eczema, for a long time. Your skin becomes addicted to it, until…[Read more]
HA, I didn’t even think of it as taking that meaning. XD No worries in the least, and I probably would have done the same thing. I find myself feeling bad a lot for things I said that could be taken the wrong way and offend someone.
That sounds TERRIBLE. I am so, so sorry. It sounds like it could be similar to having perpetual chicken pox; when…[Read more]
Are you sure you’re not me? Because seriously, you sound like me. 😀
Okay. I was literally JUST thinking about emailing and such last night, but wasn’t exactly sure how to go about phrasing it without sounding creepy. 🙂 I think we’ve been terribly misusing this poor activity comment…
Solemn pledge not to make it awkward, and I will go ask my…[Read more]
@Ethryndal *huge grins all over the place* I literally rocked for joy when I saw this. YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
Yep, I know—no posting e-mail addresses for all the world to see, uh-uh. I’ll ask Daeus or Sarah Spradlin to do an exchange—they do that sometimes with blog/website contact thingies to help the peeps on here who need someone’s e-mail.…[Read more]
Aaaaaaaand Parental Unit confirms! It’s a go! Ask a way!
*looks back over entire conversation* Wow. This got big.
Lovely. 😀 I shall.
It’ll be my mom’s address, because I don’t have one. 😉
Btw, I love how you seem to have a good relationship with your parents. That seems a kind of forward thing to say, but…how you respect their authority and all, it’s so good to see that.
I’ll be telling my mom about this, but I know she’ll let me so I haven’t asked her. 🙂
@Emma-Flournoy Well, I sent Daeus my email address, so, yay!
Awww *grins all over self (you’ve affected me that way 🙂 )* that makes me so happy. I love my parents to death. They’re my best friends.
And don’t worry about forwardness or anything. I’m not one of those people who gets offended. 🙂
Yay! I expect he’ll be sending it to me sometime in the next little while, ’cause he already knows mine.
That is so awesome.
And so is that. One thing I love about having dealings with Thinkers is that they’re less sensitive (or more rational, however you wanna put it 😛 ), so I, being a Feeler myself, don’t have to worry quite so much over what…[Read more]
Yay!
Yup, I’m not sensitive. In the least. Which is funny, because everyone else in my family is. It makes for an interesting dynamic sometimes… 😉
I probably used to know this, but what is your personality type again?
@Ethryndal Meh. Somehow I didn’t see a notification for this, and didn’t see it till now. I’ll answer your question in the e-mail since you asked it there too. 😉