The Sarcastic Elf

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

Hello, lovely wide world of Kingdom Pen! (Hmm, that’s starting to get cliche… I’d better work on that one…)

Anyway, I started a blog. Because apparently, that’s what people these days do. And now that I’ve finally gained enough courage to inform the world of it, (Seriously, I hate people reading my stuff. Which is a really bad thing for a person who wants to make a profession out of writing things for other people. 🙂 ) I would like to share it with you guys so that if you feel inclined to throw away a few minutes of your day, you can go check it out.

I also just put up a short story of mine, and wouldn’t mind some feedback on that, so… 😀

The Sarcastic Elf

*runs away and hides under the bed while thoroughly armed with chocolate* Okay. I’m ready. Go. Read. I’ll try not to cringe too much. 😛

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1486

@ethryndal I love your story so much! Thanks for sharing:)

Adry_Grace
        @adry_grace
          • Total Posts: 169

@ethryndal I know the fear. The more you share, the easier it gets, you’ll be relieved to know.

The short story is fantastic, we seem to have a similar sense of humor. 🙂 You can expect to see me back on your blog in the future.

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Ethryndal Your blog! Just what I need, another blog to follow. Grr. I don’t need more things for my time. But I want to! I was looking ’round on it, and you’re too hilarious (which I knew from KP already 😉 I love your humor.). I’ll have to pop in every now and then, so even if you don’t see comments from me I’m probably still keeping an eye on it. 🙂

That story was hilarious. Poor victim he was. *shakes head*
            Since the story was strictly for fun—not s’posed to be promoting any specific message, unless it’s ‘don’t hang out with less than intelligent people’ or ‘don’t touch weird objects’—I don’t have much to say except grin. *grins* I found three typos though—only three—you have huge respect from me. All the same word—you did ‘it’s’ when it should have been ‘its’. One up near the top talking about the soup, another about the first turkey on the head, and the last about where Weeble keeps its fowl.

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal

@Winter-Rose Aww, thanks! So glad you like it.

@Adry_Grace
              Whew, that’s a relief. 🙂 And I’m glad you like it, and will return! Very few people seem to get my humor these days… 😉

@Emma-Flournoy
              Aaah, sorry! It just sort of happened. I’ll try and be respectful of your time. 😉 And I like to think it promotes the message of “Be Nice to Victims of Circumstance”. 😀 But blagh, those awful it’s! I can never remember the correct form of that word, be it its or it’s or it’s-the-contraction. XO Though I’m glad they’re the only typos. Thanks for pointing them out. 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy

@Ethryndal Well it’s not your fault except that you’re such an awesome person I can’t help wanting to follow your blog!
                Heeeey, yeah, there’s that message. 😉
                Well, I think there are only two—its and it’s. I think there’s a rule breaker (hate those things)—‘it’s’ is only for ‘it is’, and ‘its’ is for when something belongs to it. With a person, it would be ‘Sarah’s’, but with an it it’s just ‘its’. ( 😮 ) Rule does not apply the same way as to things belonging to people. It’s terrible. I think that’s how it is though. 🙂
                (Anyone who sees this feel free to yell if I’m wrong.)

Audrey Caylin
                @audrey-caylin
                  • Total Posts: 323

@Ethryndal I love your blog! I am a huge fan of blogs that have humor (or snark or sarcasm–doesn’t matter which). I just added it to my reading list 😀

I’m not quite sure how WordPress works (I use Blogger), but perhaps make the title larger? I ADORE the title, so making it bigger might bring more attention to it 🙂

Oh, and congrats on getting it all set up and just starting it! I think that’s a great step for any writer!

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy I will never understand the language we speak.

@Audrey-Caylin
                    Oddly enough, that’s actually as big as I could make the title. So either WordPress wants me to upgrade so I can make it bigger (and subsequently pay them money) , or I have no idea what I’m doing and missed something totally obvious. Both are plausible. 🙂 I’m going to get my sister to take a look though, so if it suddenly gets bigger in the next three days, you’ll know that it was just my technological incompetence. XD

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

@Ethryndal It’s probably not as bad as Navajo at least.

Ethryndal
                      @ethryndal

@Emma-Flournoy *solemn nod* Oh yes. I dare say Navajo is far worse.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >