-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@kina-lamb Welcome! I doubt I need to enumerate the awesomeness of Kingdom Pen to you. I’m sure you’ve heard lots about it already from your brother. ;D Every once in a while I get the photography itch, usually whenever my family and I are on one of our many camping trips. That’s some beautiful work you have on your site! It looks like you prefer…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@Kina-Lamb welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! *shakes your hand enthusiastically* So glad to have you here. And it’s late and my brain is fried or I would say something more creative…
But welcome again. I hope you stick around and learn a lot of cool, useful stuff. 🙂
This forum can always use another Lamb.
I’ll be seeing you around. 😀 -
Daeus replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
Howdy, @kina-lamb! Now where have I seen you before…
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@Arella-Noreen Welcome to the Grand Kingdom of Pen! I’m a little on the later side, but I saw MBTI acronyms and I just had to chip in! 😀 I’m an INFP with an ENFP brother and an ISTP sister. They’re both my best friends but it goes without saying that Sis and I have more than a few differences. 😉 She talks engineering, I say “I’ll take your word…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Zikers, that is so pretty! I LOVE the little hummingbird!!
@aysia-serene And I love your style! It’s kinda simple, which I try to do every once in a while. Needless to say I never succeed. 😉 Anyway, two thumbs up! -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@Arella-Noreen But really, aren’t all writers sort of crazy? 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic *holds breath and hopes for the best* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
I am planning on being at Family Camp, actually! (Not that that’s any new information, seeing as I’m Daeus’s sister.) : )
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 6 months ago
You guys make my pitiful attempts at naming look so lame… XD
@DelightInLife Basically, when I need a name for my fantasy story, I just sort of…come up with one. I start putting random word syllables together, until something like Liriel emerges. (Liriel, by the way, is the main character in my WIP) I take a letter I think sounds nice, like L…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb started the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
Hi guys!
My name is Kina. I have a strange addiction to writing that is hard to explain. I wouldn’t say I’m good at writing – I find it as hard to write a SHORT story as it is to sew a dress when you have hardly any experience – and yet I can’t stop writing! Here’s a quote from the photography world that I think exactly fits my case:
“I’m not…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@Arella-Noreen I like it! *thumbs up* Lots of great story material there. What’s your favorite poem? Mine is probably Tolkien’s Mythopoeia. All of Tolkien’s work, really, but that one especially. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 6 months ago
Wow guys, there are no words for the awesomeness of this topic. Fellow word-root lovers— group hug! 😀
@DelightInLife I don’t have time right now to do as long a post as I could, but starting out, I basically figured out what kind of feel/culture I wanted the name to belong to/have, then went and searched on Google ‘old…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb changed their profile picture 9 years, 6 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
I’m late, but welcome to KP @Arella-Noreen! Sounds like you and I have a lot in common (my INFP personality type aside 😉 ). I was born in Texas, adore poetry, write fantasy and sci-fi, homeschooled and proud of it, etc. etc. and all the rest. *grins*
Can you tell us a little bit about your book? It sounds neat, from what @Rolena-Hatfield said. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
Same here. *thumbs up to all the peoples*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@arella-noreen Oh, yes, I’m on YWW, I’m just afraid I don’t show up there much. This is my main hub…
Ooh, neat! The MC of my book was an INFJ, so I think that’s particularly cool. I’m an ENFJ myself. (Which is at least equally cool, of course.)
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@arella-noren Oh, yes, I’m on YWW, I’m just afraid I don’t show up there much. This is my main hub…
Ooh, neat! The MC of my book was an INFJ, so I think that’s particularly cool. I’m an ENFJ myself. (Which is at least equally cool, of course.)
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@Arella-Noreen Welcome, fellow Wielder of Sarcasm! I like your kind. That’s neat, how you came up with your pen name. Unfortunately, Ethryndal doesn’t mean anything but ‘it sounds good’. Ooh, and I like your profile pic! Out of curiosity, did you draw it?
And yes, what Daeus said. Tell us your personality type so that all the MBTI Fanatics can…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@arella-noreen Glad you found us! (And, yes, we are the bestistet place on the internet.)
I think you’ll find a lot of fantasy writers here to keep you company. (I haven’t written it yet, but I hope to start in a month or two.)
By the way, you don’t happen to know what your personality type is, do you?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
Okay, I know that I haven’t been able to post pictures on here really, and I can draw, but either way, may I just say that you all are awesome!!!!!!!! I’ve been so inspired, and just by looking at your pictures I’ve learned a lot about drawing people! Keep it up!
-Dragon Snapper -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
@aysia-serene Yeah, people seem to like this dragon picture I drew. 😛
- Load More
