-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Excerpt from novel. Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 5 months ago
@f5a8c3e92 I’m coming! Haven’t had time to do this yet.
But now that I’m here, I have something really helpful to say: what everyone else said. *sheepish grin* I know, that’s resounding, but there you have it. Most of what everyone else said I was thinking too, especially concerning the info-dump-ishness of the stuff about her having lived with…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's grief in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Northerner *chains the bear up* ‘e won’t get out for some time yet. Now go forth and conquer.
(Btw, @Kate-Flournoy just almost lost that stuff, but we were able to fix it in time. After great stomachache. Otherwise…*coughcough* her computer might have suffered great damage from a certain being.) -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton That’s an amazing drawing, but what I really noticed is how much the face looks like yours. Seeing it right next to your profile pic…the resemblance is striking. Other than that she’s not smiling, but if she were I think it would almost match perfectly.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Excerpt from novel. Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 5 months ago
@f5a8c3e92 YES. Much better. *thumbs up* Notice how the details ground you.
And I think it would be really cool for that to be part of Maya’s dream. Go for it. 😀 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton thanks. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reader Behavior Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 5 months ago
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that the Reader Behavior Survey has now been taken by 226 people. It’s moving along! I’m just going to let it run for a week or two more and then I’ll do the analysis.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Excerpt from novel. Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 5 months ago
@f5a8c3e92 I like this.
*switches into professional mode* Your prose is stronger than a lot I’ve seen, and you show a lot of promise with dialogue and characterization. Your sense of flow and pacing does seem to be a bit off— the prologue was too short and vague, for one. It didn’t connect me to the story, which is what a prologue is for. I…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-Eaton *squeals* Still love it!
… can I post mine again here for comparison? It’ll make it look awful but I want to see the similarities. Thanks. 😀
*doesn’t wait for permission*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's grief in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@northerner *eats raspberries* Thanks. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@winter-rose Signing off. I wrote 544.
-
Daeus started the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
The time has come, my friends, to begin a new writer’s corner.
To give it proper ritual, I suggest we do some writing. @jess @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99 @winter-rose
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 5 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya YES. Rogue One. Everyone. Watch it. The more I think about it, the more sure I may be becoming that it’s my favorite movie ever. Seriously. Everything about it was so well done, and the theme—!
*buries face in hands* Just… watch it. You’ll see what I mean. -
Gracie replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@Hope Zikers, YES!! Why do we let him do that to us?!?
-
Gracie replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I haven’t tried Doctor Who yet, but if it’s as good as Sherlock…….
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Pardon one last correction, but I must say this.
One can not approach the infinite as in a dream, unless it be an opium dream.
For the infinite is not distant, because it is everything. Its distance exists only because it is everything that we desire, and because it is everything that we desire, it is everything that we are.
And so the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@f5a8c3e92 welcome to the club. *cackles*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus *dreamily contemplates the infinite*
fyi… I really did write that down…
HA! *curtsies* Excepting the king himself, of course.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Bwhahaha! I must be dead then.
Daeus, get up. Why are you pretending to be dead? You’re so weird.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Excerpt from novel. Please critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 5 months ago
@f5a8c3e92 I’ll critique this as soon as I have enough time to give it a thorough read. It looks interesting. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Now think of the fish beneath the lily pad. Small, thin, with large soft eyes, and slowly moving fins. When at last you have comprehended that, consider the word ecosystem, and don’t even try to comprehend it, but only sit on the brink of it and marvel, for you see the infinite.
- Load More
