-
Snapper replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Sometimes, I think that you should write a book on writing books.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus DO IT. I may hate salespeople and be horrified of selling things myself but for this… I’d do it.
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’ll explain character arcs this evening. For now I have to run. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Ethryndal Oh well. It happens. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 School is such a party-pooper. *waves back* *thinks a moment* *bestows Elven blessing upon you* *and glitter* Oh, and all that stuff about the hammer? Just… *guilty look* disregard. I’m a very gentle Elf. All I need to intimidate people is my armada of creepy smiles and fits of green rage. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *facepalm* Duh. What kind of a fan am I when I can forget about the good ol’ black arrows? XO Arg. Yigh, you better watch out for bees.
@that_writer_girl_99 *mysterious eyebrows* An Elf never reveals her secrets…or the number of people she’s bashed in the head…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Black arrows. Gotta watch out for those. If you get hit by one, you lose a scale. As far as I can tell, I haven’t been hit by one. Oh, and bees. If you get stung by a bee.
@ethryndal *smart-dragon grin* Of course. I can write things, and Smaug only sleeps all the time.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Black arrows. Gotta watch out for those. If you get hit by one, you lose a scale. As far as I can tell, I haven’t been hit by one. Oh, and bees. If you get stung by a bee.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I would imagine the same way Smaug’s did. WHICH was never explained. Fortunately, @Dragon-Snapper is way smarter than Smaug.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Elves never jump to conclusions. 😛 But yes, I’m pretty sure it works just fine on family members. Note the blood on it. (It’s a magic, Elven hammer. Doesn’t kill people.)
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@ethryndal I can’t be missing a scale. I never misplace my things!
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Or dragons, I’d imagine. Unless you’re missing a scale.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_writer_Girl_99 It works on people, but not elves. 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *dons Elven, fireproof cloak*
@That_writer_girl_99 *draws bow* Let’s not be hasty. XD
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Homework for Video 10: Theme & Scene Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 5 months ago
@Aratrea I don’t think the finality of death had ever hit her before. She was always too worried about dying for the sake of a mortal to think about it the other way round, so when ‘died’ because of her, it startled her. It was something she’d never considered.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@ethryndal As forum Head of Security I’m going to have to ask you to fix her washer. 😉 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@ethryndal As forum Head of Security I’m going to have to ask you to fix her washer. 😉 😛 JK
-
Daeus replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, it’s legal. Ideas aren’t copyrighted, only the organization of those ideas. So if you were to create your own course basically copying everything we say, that would be a copyright violation, but pretty much anything less than that is totally fine.
It’s actually good promotion for us. 😛
Some day I’m going to release you on…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy *facepalm* Literally four comments up from where I asked. That’s just embarrassing. XD
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 *throws hammer at your washer* There we go. All fixed. *rains washable glitter*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 okay so first of all, I read through the posts that I did last night and realized my brain must have been working on a low battery because they were very scattered, so thank you for sticking with me. 😛
How much do you know about character arcs?
And while I wait for you to answer that question, we can have a little talk…[Read more]
- Load More
