@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
@christi-eaton, Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! 😉 You won’t regret joining KP–that I can promise you. 🙂
Ooo, yes! The Wingfeather Saga is a great book series (I haven’t finished the last book yet, but still…).
I’ve never read Les Mis, but I’ve seen the play. Is the book at all like the play?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
@christi-eaton
Hey!!! And welcome to the most awesome place on the internet! I’ve only been with KP for a few months but it has been such a blessing…so, anyway, HI!!! *waves enthusiastically* -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
@christi-eaton Welcome to kingdom pen. Another artist…? That’s great. Did you draw your profile pic??? 😀 It looks great.
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay, I’ll be sure to keep you in my prayers, as well. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@mas410, Hmm…still trying to remember. Anyway, that’s cool we know each other! XD
-
Greta replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield, My siblings and I make up lots of “games,” where we play the characters in the story. One of these “games” was about prince and princess siblings, who lived locked up in a room in their own castle. Their parents (the king and the queen) had gone on a trip, and the siblings had been receiving letters from the parents. One day,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Haha… lovely topic @rolena-hatfield. I don’t know that I have any just rolling-on-the-floor-laughing hilarious, but one I had that is probably copyrighted 😉 is a world where everyone is born with a particular gemstone that belongs to them, and the properties of that gemstone leak over into the person’s personality. For instance, if your stone…[Read more]
-
Lightningmouse changed their profile picture 10 years, 6 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
@anna-brie I just realized that you and my main character have the same name. *Anna* And I go and call it boring. I just have to let you know, that is nothing against your name or you. In fact I think that Anna is a great name; (Actually the first name of one of my favorite actresses) but I needed something to rhyme with Savanna.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Ok. That’s great @daeus. I’m writing and still have 15 minutes left if you want to tag along. Or we can extend it today, since we were a bit late starting. You call. (I’ll still be writing)
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 6 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I’ll try to be writing at 10:30am (8:30pm) if either of you guys, @anna-brie and @daeus are interested in joining me. And I’ll be going till about 11:00am (9:00pm) 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy Of course I like your donkey. *so cute* and I love your sheep too. His wool looks really curly, which is great. And I love Joseph too, and the colours, and EVERYTHING!!! Great job Kate. 😀 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you visit the US Air Force Museum and spend your entire time wandering around reading the plaques about the pilots instead of looking at the airplanes. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Staying Interested in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes @anna-brie and @hannah-c and @faithdk, don’t be too hard on yourselves starting out. Don’t be afraid to acknowledge your mistakes, but don’t be afraid to keep writing either. The only way to write better is to keep writing, no matter how terrible your first attempts are.
Seriously guys, my first attempts… heh-heh… to call them junk would…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay you seem to be an animal lover— do you like my donkey? 😉 😉 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes, that was one of the reasons I dropped watercolor for oils and acrylics. It took for-ev-er to get enough layers to make shadows and textures realistic. So glad you like the painting @David! 😀 Here, let’s see if I can get another one…

This one is a classic example of the difficulties of doing vibrant watercolors— notice how streaked and…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
People. Beyond a doubt, people, which is odd, since I have trouble drawing them as well as I can draw some things. But what’s so fun about people is that no two are alike— I love trying to capture their personalities in paint almost as much as I love trying to capture them in words.
I do love humor, as well, though I seem to be better at…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
BTW 10-10:30 etc is my time. 8-8:30 is your time. 😛
- Load More
