@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Writing Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
All great ideas! I may need to create a poll for this question. Haha!
-
Greta and
Karina Sanchez are now friends 10 years, 4 months ago -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*munches happily on everlasting cookie*
@kate-flournoy Thanks for the idea. I shall lock it in my brain and stew on it. I have a feeling that something will come of it.
*still munches on everlasting cookie*
@daeus, maybe I should go and continue reading The Hobbit. That’s a novel alright. The chapters are sooooooo long. 🙂
*I do love everlasting…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus drat.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay you could write a story about a girl who finds a huge golden conch on the beach and takes it home, only to realize during the night that it’s whispering to her. And when she puts it to her ear, she discovers that this shell belonged to the queen of the Lost city of Atlantis… and wants to tell her the story of its destruction.
I’m…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hehee… I gave you the perfect excuse in baking you that cookie, didn’t I @Daeus?
If we’re talking excuses here, I was struggling my way through a present tense dream sequence. Does that count for anything? 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay @Daeus, I got 870 words edited. Not too bad. What did you get?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*stares hard at everlasting cookie*
I just thought I’d let you know @daeus, I’m not writing simply because I have run out of ideas. Momentarily, of course. 🙂 Hopefully it won’t be long before I’m back though.
*continues staring at everlasting cookies. Mouth starts drooling* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus yup. Here goes. See ya then.
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh! I’ve never read Pride and Prejudice, so I can’t judge that one, but the opening of Northanger Abbey is pretty dull. It’s a fantastic book, though (except for the beginning). 🙂
I love clinchers, though I must admit I’ve never heard them called that. But if you ever have to step DOWN from a clincher to reach reality, you’ve gon…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Some of the best authors (like Jane Austen) begin their novels horribly…
What?! @gretald I think the beginning of Pride and Prejudice is one of the very best opening sentences of all time! ‘It is universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife’— what’s left to be desired? 😛
Oh well. To…[Read more] -
Greta started the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Is anyone else obsessed with writing good clinchers (besides @ingridrd 😉 )? The first thing I do when I get a new book is read the clincher sentence and judge whether it’s a good clincher or a bad one. Does anyone else do this? Or is it just me?
Also, while we’re on the topic of clinchers, how important do you think they are? Do you think…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh— and here’s your cookie. *hands you cookie* I doesn’t look like much, but looks can be deceiving. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ha! You need to take math again
What???????? What did I say? What did I do @Daeus? 😛 I didn’t think my horrible mathematical abilities were that obvious…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Give me my gold back and I will bake you one big everlasting cookie.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus wow, talk about revenge! 😛
Hey… you accidentally left all your cookies in the process of stealing all my gold and making off in your schooner. Can I have them? Thanks. *eats all cookies*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Aye aye, Cap’n— shiver me timbers, but we be editing too. *pauses, takes off pirate mask and squints thoughtfully at word-count*
*wonders if it will be wise to disclose said word-count*
*decides pirates don’t have to worry about being wise, slips mask back on and grins*
1,054 words edited @Daeus.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Har har har? What? Okaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy… whatever. 😛 Nine it is.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I am. Let’s go. When do you want to write till?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@spradlin ahhhhhhhhh… yes. That does make sense. Very much sense. 😉 Thanks for your input. 😀
- Load More
