@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Vanna aha!! Permit me to enlighten you! Cobalt is the most celebrated fictional character on. this. forum. Created by none other than… *drumroll* our very own spy/genius lady, Rosemary Mucklestone!!!
*puffs out chest impressively* And I, my very dear young lady, am president of the Cobalt Fan Club.Okay, in plain English, Cobalt Winter is one…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Odd Team Out (Or the Cobalt Fanclub Revival) in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 4 months ago
@writefury YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! *does impromptu jig* 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@writefury really!? Wow… I actually thought it was too understated. I should have had him trip over the edge of the sidewalk or something. 😉
I guess it helps that I’ve had a lot of practice working with this character-type before… *sly wink* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy parallel dimensions in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope it can work in whatever you want it to. So what if it’s usually considered scifi? Challenge perceptions! Force people to think outside the box! Conquer the world! *shakes fist over head, glowers out over whoever is listening*
😉
Hm, let’s see now. If the Reflection is a reflection, then the real world must be… um… yeah. Physical.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Awesome topic @Hope. My all time favorite writing scripture is Ecclesiastes 12:11:
The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
It reminds me not only of the power we wield (and have a responsibility to wield responsibly) but also of Who gave us that power, and ultimately…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus that’s sounding more and more like a very wise idea. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh no, @Hannah-C! That’s awful. I’m so sorry. *weeps in sympathy* Thankfully nothing this dire has ever happened to me. It almost did once— I accidentally hit ctrl-A (highlight) instead of ctrl-S (save) then continued typing before the command had fully gone through… and you know when you highlight something and keep typing, whatever you keep…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ve got a bit more editing if anyone is interested???????? 🙂 Anyone????
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I got my editing done earlier @daeus. I’m not sure how many words, but I got a short story fixed up. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae she’s a bit of a perfectionist… 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
For me, I think it would be the refreshing simplicity of the style coupled with the strength and complexity of the allegory. There’s always something you didn’t notice before; always something else to remark on and think over. And it doesn’t require say, two weeks of commitment. Like the Count of Monte Cristo would. 😛 It can be read through in a…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ve got some editing to do if anyone wants to tag along. I’ll be jumping up and down as I have stuff to do, but I’ve got some spare time to write.
@kate-flournoy, @hannah-c, @daeus, @jadamae -
BlueJay replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh and a frowny face is done with : ( 🙁
-
BlueJay replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Sorry @emma-flournoy. Just woken up. *yawn* And yes I did know where the quote came from, but when I logged in I forgot to say. *Me and my great memory* Anyway it comes from the Hobbit and to be more precise it is when Beorn meets the dwarves and Gandalf. 🙂 Am I right?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Overcomer that’s true. Come to think of it, though I was frightened of scary images (extraterrestrials, bears with huge teeth, sharks, etc.) the one thing that scared me most when my dad read us ‘Scottish Chiefs’, for instance, was Marion’s death. And it didn’t scare me because of the violence itself. It scared me because I couldn’t understand…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae ouch… *cringes*
*laughs hysterically*
*cringes again*
*stares at post*
*runs screaming from the room*
😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
And @bluejay, I don’t mean it as any disparagement to you or your mom that I don’t care for the title Reckless…I’m sure you understand?
@emma-flournoy Of course. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
And @bluejay, I don’t mean it as any disparagement to you or your mom that I don’t care for the title Reckless…I’m sure you understand?
@emma-flornoy Of course. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@spradlin what’s the fourth wall???
- Load More
