@levipierpont
Active 9 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
Hmm, do you think it will look good in the review section on the back of a book?
No.
And I like that last one quite a lot. I think that works, definitely.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I can’t believe I missed this!!!! Aauuuugggghhhh!!
Anyway, here I am. Hello and welcome, @TheLiteraryCrusader. This is a beautiful, wonderful, magnificent, inspiring, friendly, cheerful*coughcough* Okay, enough with the adjectives. This is an awesome place and I’m thrilled that you’re going to be a part of it. Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade WELCOME!!! So glad to have you on here. 🙂
Narnia and Lord of the Rings?!?! I have to agree with your choice of books. 😉 I still need to read the Kingdom Series, though. I’ll have to add that to the list. *looks at list* *list is 5 feet long* -
Greta replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-swiftblade WELCOME!!! So glad to have you on here. 🙂
Narnia and Lord of the Rings?!?! I have to agree with your choice of books. 😉 I still need to read the Kingdom Series, though. I’ll have to add that to the list. *looks at list* *list is 5 feet long* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@Hope I’m with @Daeus… I like the longer one better because it connects me to E better, but the second one is much more concise. *shrugs* I honestly can’t choose between them. And I think you could probably do away with the bolded words altogether— the blurb is most effective as a peep into the MC’s life, as the MC’s life (very rightfully) is…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ha! That’s a clever prescription. I can’t believe I didn’t think of it. *Smacks head*
@daeus It’s all because I’m a doctor. *smug smile* And btw, you’ll give yourself a headache if you smack your head. I know, I’ve done it before.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Argh, Suicide attempts!!!!!!!!! Good grief. @daeus Relax, relax, relax. I was having a nice holiday from my doctor duties. 🙂 *writes prescription* No using knives; no drinking poison; no dying attempts.
@kate-flournoy My suggestion is not to say things like that. *wags finger at you.*
@christi-eaton Thank you for coming to @daeus‘s rescue. Good…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Argh, Suicide attempts!!!!!!!!! Good grief. @daeus Relax, relax, relax. I was having a nice holiday from my doctor duties. 🙂 *writes prescription* Not using knives; no drinking poison; no dying attempts.
@kate-flournoy My suggestion is not to say things like that. *wags finger at you.*
@christi-eaton Thank you for coming to @daeus‘s rescue. Good…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade It wasn’t the normal Peter Pan story. The guy in charge wrote the script himself, as that means we don’t have to get the rights, and it’s cheaper that way. So no, I didn’t get to fly. 🙁 I did get to leap on stage, but that was the closest I can to leaving the ground.
Although, *giggles* Funny story. As part of the story, Tink…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade It wasn’t the normal Peter Pan story. The guy in charge wrote the script himself, as that means we don’t have to get the rights, and it’s cheaper that way. So no, I didn’t get to fly. 🙁 I did get to leap on stage, but that was the closest I can to leaving the ground.
Although, *giggles* Funny story. As part of the story Tink save…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Thanks guys. You are all so supportive.
Yay, @clairec and @anna-brie. It’s so much nicer to do it with people. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade Does that pirate name have anything to do with your profile picture and Tinkerbell? I acted in a Peter Pan Pantomime a few years back and got the role of Peter which was very exciting.
I love the Kingdom Series, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Ranger’s Apprentice. (with fixing)
And I LOVE Narnia. 🙂 Peter is my favourite…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-swiftblade Does that pirate name have anything to do with your profile picture and Tinkerbell? I acted in a Peter Pan Pantomime a few years back and got the role of Peter which was very exciting.
I love the Kingdom Series, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Ranger’s Apprentice. (with fixing)
And I LOVE Narnia. 🙂 Peter is my favourite…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Eh… dear dear @Daeus. Couldn’t you at least have used poison? It’s so much more Monte Cristo-ish. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*clears throat primly* Excuse me sir, was that a death threat?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*shakes head in disbelief* It’s OKAY, @DAEUS!!! I didn’t say I didn’t love TCoMC! I do! And it’s extremely close, anyway. The one thing that tipped the scales in Les Mis’s favor was completely random and nobody’s fault— I personally happen to like character stories more than I like gripping action. That’s all. 😀
Where do you FIND those…[Read more]
-
Tatiana replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I attempted NaNo last year, and ended up with one-eigth of an untitled novel that I can’t seem to expand on. With that said, I probably won’t do it this year. I’m taking an English class at a local college for high school credit, and I also really want to focus on getting good grades in school this year. I would love to do it again, though! And I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Christi-Eaton well, Madame Thenardier should be easy anyway. All you have to do is throw things. 😀
Thanks anyway @Aratrea— and definitely read Les Mis. Don’t tell @Daeus, but I like it better than The Count of Monte Cristo and that’s saying a lot. 😉
-
Tatiana replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I have poked my head out of the shadows of school sports and college English classes to welcome thee, @Anne-Swiftblade, to the fantastic world that is Kingdom Pen! I am so glad you’re here, especially since we share an affinity for Narnia, the Kingdom series, and Lord of the Rings! Do you have a favorite book or character from each of these…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope
I like the second one better, but they both work. I noticed just one thing.The name he is give appears nearly impossible to live up to, no matter what he sacrifices.
I’m assuming you meant “name he is GIVEN appears…” 😉
- Load More
