-
Enid replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Enid replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yep, I celebrate Christmas!
I celebrate it with a little different intention than many Christians do. Lots of people believe it is morally right to celebrate it as only Christ’s birthday, and we should have focus and do nothing else; as a child I was confused about this because it doesn’t mention this holiday anywhere in the Bible.
I don’t t…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I just did! They look great! Nice to see the pictures of what they look like. Joseph’s was a little blurry… but… I think I saw a picture of him handcuffed against a wall… 😳
-
hybridlore replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
Sounds good. Third person makes it a lot easier to keep track.
Maybe they’ll just have less important roles. Or maybe they’ll die.
Lol… 😳
getting sidetracked by a good book, I have returned.
Ooh! What book did this happen to be? 🤪
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Good section!!!
Again, you’re summing up lots of time here, especially at the end. I would maybe like to be shown instead of told some of that, but it’s okay if you just really need to get to the next part.
Joseph felt that for once they were safe.
Then, something happened that changed everything.
Oh no… 😥
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@linus-smallprint What I meant by “breaks immersion” is that I didn’t really want to pay attention to the spells. They have no use to me. They’re deeply evil in Alan’s world and useless in mine, so what reason do I have for needing them in my memory?
Also the part about the writer changing them didn’t make sense to me. Why not just not write…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Are you okay in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 9 months ago
So, whenever I’m overwhelmed, whether by emotions or circumstances, or just whatever, I have to remind myself that God is there and He cares and wants me to turn to Him for help. I understand it’s not easy for everyone to talk to a God that they can’t physically see or hear, but He’s there, Kefa. He wants you to come to Him wit…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Aww!! 🥰
So, one question—why would Amelia inherit part of her uncle’s inn? Wouldn’t that usually go to her brothers?
Also, I like that we’re getting more conversations between Joseph and Amelia. However, I feel like they’re all based on future situations—mostly just “what if this happens?” Except for this one:
[Read more] -
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m kinda in between Whaley and Ellette on this. They both have good points I agree with.
It’s your call, Linus. Your story is the one on the line.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper I get that and to some extent agree. It’s just the inclusion of a detailed description of the spells kinda broke immersion for me a little. It didn’t seem THAT necessary.
-
Enid replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Also people like Ellette can have their limits, I’m not trying to shame that. 😅
-
Enid replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m trying to think of a good way to put this… Say you’re writing a YA book about how loose relationships (no marriage, easily separated, “it depends on how I feel about you from week to week”) hurts people. Well, you’re going to have to depict a bad relationship in order to talk about it. You just have to. There will always be somebody wh…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @linus-smallprint @whalekeeper @rae @highscribeofaetherium @theshadow @esther-c @grcr @ellette-giselle @the_lost-journal
(I hope all the tags work, if it worked for you but not someone else then please tag them)I’ll be on a trip this weekend and won’t have internest, so I won’t be able to reply to anyone on KP…[Read more]
-
Enid replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I for one thought the spell images were kind of cool… I think they gave a glimpse into how wonderful spell-casting feels like for a wizard. You get this sense of attempting majesty, if that makes sense, and I think that aligns with Alan’s character. Also the fact that all the images had something to do with animals was rea…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Are you okay in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 9 months ago
Could I suggest something to you that always helps me when I’m feeling overwhelmed?
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
No worries! This week got really busy and I got sick halfway through, so I probably wouldn’t have been able to RP very soon afterwards anyway. Where should we start Lukas and Livia? I have no idea what day it is in relation to the dance (which has been planned for like forever now…it’s craaazzzyyyy 😂)
-
Enid replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@koshka @ellette-giselle Okay, here’s one singular reinforcement.
Barnes
Barnes slipped past a colorful window, the rose and gold glass casting a soft glow along the side of her head.
The four students had exited the church, and were traveling at a slower pace. The leading teenager had kept the pace up brilliantly, and it was challenging at t…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Alright!! 👍
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@liberty Hey, you’ve got to write the next scene! 😆
- Load More

No problem! Have fun!
Thank you!!
Have fun on your trip!! 🤗
Thanks!
👍😀
Alrighty! Have a great trip! 😄
Okay. Thx for letting us know.
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
You’re welcome!
Ok, hope have a good time!
Thank you!
Have fun on your trip!
Have fun!