-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m going to guess neither of you minds what happens 😛
Barnes
Her sight flooding back to her, Barnes found one of her wrists was held by one of the magical tendrils. Her other hand was free, and Reid was recovering from a hit to the face.
In front of them, the snake lay on the ground. Its eyes faded from blue to a cloudy…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
What kind of feedback are you looking for? Do you want just a chill overview of what I think, or more detailed and critique-ish?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Whoa. Can I ask how much of the book is still left? That seems like it’s going to be a lot of sections.
I don’t mind the longer pieces, though, (🤪) as long as you’re okay with me not being as nitpicky. Im not sure if you’re mainly wanting feedback on bigger things or if you want me to catch all the typos and everything too. If…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
*Bringing this back to the top since Christmas is over* (:
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Also, I just saw what you said to Linus about Liam not being a Christian. Then how does Sabina’s statement make sense?
Sabina smiled through tears. “He is happy now. Much happier and safer than I could have ever made him, and much more loved than I could have ever loved him.”
Also, I don’t know if an orphan who hasn’t had a family for a long time…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Good section! I was going to say, it seems weird that Beric would change so quickly, but now I see he’s still going to struggle.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
I might post a bunch of stuff on here soon to cope with tearing down my plot board and reconfiguring the whole thing. They say humor is the best coping mechanism.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
This definitely applies to ninety percent of story creators, and you can’t convince me otherwise

-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I want to get to this eventually! I’m trying to finish a 1,300 page book right now so I’m trying not to read too much else until I do that. XD But I’m still subscribed to this. <3
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Free will in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
@theshadow okay! I’ll be sure to share that with my family tonight.
Honestly, they probably are helping because they’re more light hearted and fun.
haha thanks.
(Not me trying to look up encouraging quotes from the squad but all I get is them insulting each other as always….lol)
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m a third of the way through and I already have a lot of thoughts, so that’s good! I really like Tyn, by the way, favorite character.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@anyone y’all want a villain rant?
also no context whatsoever hehe
“….I would’ve killed your little flightless twins, of course. Suffocated them in my coils before they knew what was happening.” she said, continuing from some time before we’d come in. She didn’t notice us there. “I would’ve loved to watch the look on your face when I came to…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle yeah, “girl power” and whatnot is kinda way overblown these days.
Although in the past in many cultures, women were not exactly treated nicely (or sometimes even like people) either, so I think as a society we just kinda vacillate between “too much power” or “too little power” given to them.
not that that’s right, but it’s just…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle lol
I mean, I don’t get the “it’s not Christmasy” thing, If it occurs during Christmas and has themes of Christmas, it is a Christmas movie. I’ve never seen it, but I just looked it up, and if you’re gonna call it “not a Christmas movie” then you might say the same for Home Alone or The Sound of Music, which are also popular…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle I think we’ve all heard you rant about this topic lol
I mean, most of us have female fighter/warrior/soldier/whatever characters for some reason. So we were bound to get the “this is why I don’t quite believe in that” talk (which I don’t think is bad and might actually help us improve our characters)
(another slight…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Yes, the humans are upset, this just hasn’t been the focus of the story, and with other things to focus on, such as getting rid of the monster, Alan or worries about Iskyagus, this has not been shown much. I can add some subtle hints later that humans are upset about this. Lyens have so far prevailed over the humans, which they u…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@theducktator thanks!
@whalekeeper haha yep
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings yessssss good for you girl!!
if you ever make a manga comic of your writing I would totally read it.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I think it is high time I read through everything, that way you get a perspective from someone who doesn’t have to wait for each section and reads it in roughly a couple sittings. 👍
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings ohhhh that might be part of what I hate about most anime stuff but like about your art despite the fact that it’s the same style haha
- Load More
