@koshka
Active 3 days, 17 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2588
-
AugustinaII replied to the topic Hey, I love to write in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 4 months ago
@Halliejean
The question mark is amazing punctuation since in my opinion it really draws the reader into the story. 😀
Ooh, some doodles on your map would look epic! I always end up doodling on stuff – or just writing notes to myself.
I think my favorite character is probably the villain. There are a lot of ways a villain can behave, so there…[Read more]
-
Madelyn started the topic What Makes An Allegory Impactful? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 4 months ago
Hey y’all!
So, I’m dipping my toes into allegories…
Who am I kidding, I’m diving right in!!
I would love all y’all’s input on this subject! Namely, what are some of your favorite Christian allegorical stories and what made them impactful? What parts drove to your heart? Narnia is definitely on the top of my list of Christian allegories, so i…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
@koshka @emilysf @elishavet-pidyon
This is going to be interesting…
Viktor
They would not get his sister. He would not let them. They would suppose she was a truant slave. They would punish her for assisting intruders. They…
They would look past her Yartassite upbringing and see her Eirtanian blood.
But no, Alyona wouldn’t be the one to…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
@koshka @emilysf @elishavet-pidyon HERE I AM! WOO LOL
November
“Run.” Zlatan’s voice was sharp and strong. Commanding. November’s eyes widened as the footsteps outside the door grew and a pounding thud sounded, like a knock.
He gripped Ara’s hand, squeezing it tighter then he probably should have, and rushed down the hall Viktor and Alyona had…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Age Gap in the forum Characters 4 years, 4 months ago
@koshka aww thank u!! And yes, what you said about the walking thru trials and stuff really does fit my charries, including these kids, even tho they’re young, after learning this Paxton becomes more Courageous and actually ends up standing up for Luna in some scenarios (even when she doesn’t realize it) and because of his past and character tha…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic Age Gap in the forum Characters 4 years, 4 months ago
Hey y’all! So, I’ve got a question and wanted some advice! I know we’ve got some romance writers, and while I’m not really looking for “romance” I am looking for some advice and figure some ppl could help me, specifically @gracie-j maybe? GRACIE CAN U HELP ME?
Okie so…before we start here is some disclaimers…
1. What I’m looking for is ad…[Read more]
-
EmilySF started the topic Side Characters (FP,WS) in the forum Characters 4 years, 4 months ago
SO, I have two side character (or three) that I need to develop a bit more.
(This is for the story I was asking about the death of a character, if anyone remembers that… the WIP acronymed FP,WS.)
So, the MC has two students he’s teaching.
The theme is about changing the world and how you change the world in a meaningful way.
I already know…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
@eloshavet-pidyon @koshka hey y’all, I apologize for not RP-ing. I’m on Vacay and haven’t been in the mood to heh. I know that’s a bad excuse (the not feeling like it 😂) hope y’all can forgive me and wait a bit longer?? If not let me know
-
AugustinaII replied to the topic Hey, I love to write in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 4 months ago
Well, I’m not sure what theme is my favorite. Certainly something to do with forgiveness. I love developing a character’s trust in a story, but I have to be careful not to make it a soliloquoy about trust in God. XD
Ooh, those are lovely themes!
I agree about the jellybeans. It’s hard to have discipline with something that good.…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
@denali-christianson @godly-fantasy12 @koshka @emilysf @elishavet-pidyon
Wow, I’m late to this! XD
But I was just wondering, from the rules stated at the beginning of the forum, if there are already ten characters in the castle and if there is not, could I add one??
I totally understand if not! Just curious! 🙂
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon @koshka @emilysf I’ll try to RP replies tomorrow! I’m on vacay but I’ll be sitting in the car for a while some tomorrow so 😊
-
AugustinaII replied to the topic Hey, I love to write in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 4 months ago
@Elishavet, I also write fantasy with no magic! However, since it’s set in a Roman-esque time period, it’s not easily understood to be fantasy. 😀
About the matters of Allegory, I completely agree.
Your books sound so interesting! I look forward to hearing more about them.
So, the books are not set in Rome or in a modern Rome. They are set in a…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Have you ever written a story that took place in your hometown? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 4 months ago
You should totally try sometime, it’s really fun.
As for a twist, we made the cities post-apocalyptic. We of course did it for the story, but the post-apocalyptic vibe ended up really fitting with the cities we grew up in, particularly Cincinnati lol.
Who knew writing about a broken and corrupted version of a place you used to live…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Have you ever written a story that took place in your hometown? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 4 months ago
You should totally try sometime, it’s really fun.
As for a twist, we made the cities post-apocalyptic. We of course did it for the story, but the post-apocalyptic vibe ended up really fitting with the cities we grew up in, particularly Cincinnati lol.
Who knew writing about a broken and corrupted version of a place you used to live…[Read more]
-
EmilySF replied to the topic I technically count as new in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 4 months ago
I absolutely love horses! I volunteer at a stable one day a week, and it’s awesome! so many things to learn!
That is so fun!! My sister is getting a summer job with the stables across the street from my family.
yesssss, mornings are great! Most mornings at least. (do you dream much?)
Yeah, most mornings. 😉 I… don’t really. I do dream, but not s…[Read more]
-
AugustinaII replied to the topic Hey, I love to write in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for the welcome! @Elishavet, I also write fantasy (no magic)! The thing is, it’s set in a world modeled after Rome and the nations of that time period, so it’s not as easily understood. The three nations in the world are modeled after the kingdom, Republic, and Empire of Rome, so they share similar technology, language, virtue, custom,…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
@koshka u can go next if u like, And I did open it up if u want to encounter guards but that’s up to u
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
Alyona
There was still nearly a serving left in the pot. Alyona had taken her bowl to the pot to pretend to fill it, but to her shock, she found there was still stew.
How…?
Before too much suspicion could be raised, she scooped up a bit and topped off the bowl. Then she cut a goodly piece of bread and handed the meal…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
Arabella
The coin thumped against the table. Ara stared at it, examining the insignia on the side she could see.
She sucked in a breath, thankful for Zlatan’s quick thinking and the fact that had such a thing on hand.
She…she had nothing to offer Alyona, and now…seeing the girl give A portion of food that must have…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 4 months ago
@koshka u wanna go next?
- Load More
