-
Lin replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm I guess planning out chapters gives me a to-do list and a word count goal. I find that it’s easier to do things with a checklist, and it makes me more motivated every time I finish a scene.
-
Riah Black replied to the topic Hi, I guess? 😛 in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
I only just saw your comment, sorry 😛
I have the LOTR as one book as well, and I like it very well that way. You should see what my copy looks like. It’s worn almost thin from so much reading, haha.
Linguistics is fun! I’m toying with the idea of becoming a philologist.
-
ella replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
I’m a plantser—right in between potter and pantser. I guess I lean a little more toward plotter, though.
i plan the characters, basic plot and several scenes, then I write. 😊
-
Lin replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm I’ve got such a rigid writing schedule for myself that I don’t actually have the time or brain cells to sit down and map out every single specific thing. So I don’t really call myself a plotter.
I have a very specific ritual when starting a new work: I open the notebook, leave the first sheet blank, and then on the second page I…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
@alia @seekjustice @rochellaine @valtmy @dekreel
I’ll be around here on and off today…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
Hmm, that’s really interesting, I hadn’t heard of that. Are you going to see it?
AWW happy birthday to SFI! *hugs* Maybe you could try taking personality quizzes for your characters and post the results. I did that and it was super fun. 😀 And maybe you could write something about what each character means to you. 🙂 AHH this…[Read more]
-
ella changed their profile picture 6 years ago
-
ella's profile was updated 6 years ago
-
Lin's profile was updated 6 years ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
Sadly, I have to leave now. 🙁 It was nice talking with you for a little bit. Hopefully I can be on here a little longer one of these days. Bye!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
I’ve been doing pretty well. This year has been crazy though with Covid and quarantine and all that. But I’ve seen God working through it so that’s awesome. 🙂 I sent my superhero manuscript to a professional editor (waiting to hear back from her), and in the mean time I’ve been having fun working on about three other writing…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
Wow, that does sound like a lot. 🙁 I’ll be praying for you! <3
-
Lin replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm I know, right? Big Hero 6 is one of my favorite movies.
And yeah, Mustang definitely should have given her all those flowers. XD I wonder what he did with them afterwards…?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
Aw, sorry to hear that. 🙁 What’s been happening? (you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to tho)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Praying for California in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
Even though I don’t live in California, I really appreciate your prayers; I do know some people who live in CA. I can’t imagine being in this kind of situation; it looks so scary. Thanks for posting about this; great reminder for me to keep praying too.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
Hi! 😀 I haven’t chatted with you in a while; how have you been?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
@alia @rochellaine @seekjustice @dekreel @valtmy
Anyone around?
-
Lin replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm Um. *instantly forgets every single book I’ve ever read about*. Sidekicks generally exist in adventure stories or superhero stories told from one person’s POV…or so I’ve noticed. As I don’t read those genres much…I suppose sidekick is also that third wheel character besides the MC and the girl.
But after Googling “sidekick” I…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic A Question to Pick Your Minds in the forum Characters 6 years ago
@leon-fleming Please define diverse and interesting.
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic What is your Dream Writing Spot? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
I would like to write somewhere deep and dark. Like a deep and dark cave. Why? ‘Cause I feel ALIVE down here.
- Load More
