-
Lin replied to the topic What Makes a Mystery? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j According to Google, the definition of mystery is: “a novel, play, or movie dealing with a puzzling crime, especially a murder.”
I haven’t read that many mysteries in my lifetime, but I did enjoy the ones which I did read. I think that a good mystery is one which allows the reader to guess at what is going to happen, and make it…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
lol thanks
-
ella replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
My favorite character is probably Seia, who I’m writing about now.  She’s always been told she is nothing, but she is the type of person who can’t be beaten.  She’s resilient but gentle (and slightly competitive 😉) and all she wants is to be loved.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Ah, I believe my favorite character is the MC of my current WIP.
But following closely in second place is one of the two MCs in my short story EverHappens, Adrian. Adrian hides behind an intensely competitive and sarcastic mask but would put himself aside for someone who truly needed him (which is exactly what he does at the end of the story). -
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
YAY!!!!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
It is pretty cool how photos can reveal so much about stories. Very well done btw.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Well nicely done!
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j Thank you! I’ll post it after editing some parts and I’ll be sure to tag you!
-
ella replied to the topic What is a popular book that you dislike? Why do you dislike it? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
Take that back. (please😁) What are you talking about?? Those books are so good!!!!!
-
Lin replied to the topic Favorite Character in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@ugroza Fun topic! Ahh I have way too many characters…and I do like all of them to some degree…
I feel like the more complex my character is, the more I like them, but I also feel like half the time it’s only pity. There are ones which are fun to write, of course. Hmm…
I’ll have to think about this for a little while! Who is your favorite…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j Your collages look fantastic! I really like the frames you chose for the quotes for your characters.
Here is a collage for a short story of mine that I’ll probably ask for critique on in the near future…

-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Here’s Daisy’s—-if you’d like me to make any changes, let me know. (Keaton’s is in progress)

-
Lin replied to the topic Playlists in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j Aight here is the playlist I just made for one of my short stories, “I Hid Beneath My Umbrella So the Adults Wouldn’t See Me Cry”, which is a mouthful so I just call it “Umbrella”. I tried to order it best I could with transitions that match the mood as well as songs that matched the different parts of the story.
<iframe…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
What do your characters look like?
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
XD YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All my readers are gonna LOVE them SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!
They’re actually making me very interested in my characters too!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Ooooh, these are super good! It makes me interested in @issawriter7‘s characters! 🙂
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Super cool collages!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
OH MY GOODNESS THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR DOING THEM FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could just stare at them for hours!!! Would it be okay if I shared them on my blog? With credit, of course, going back to you!!!!!! If not, that’s okay! I’m still happy you made…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Y’know I think maybe we should create a new Writer’s Corner…this one seems to be glitching…
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@writerlexi1216 If the folder button isn’t working, then it’s probably a bug. Otherwise, you could try pinning your image to Pinterest and then using the URL.
- Load More
