-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Ah okay! Maybe you can make like the mom have a scene where she’s thinking about her kids or something and sees the brother and thinks that he’d be the same age as her own son…or something…maybe he looks like her husband…something like that…
-
Lin replied to the topic Subgenres–Helpful or a Hindrance? in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 8 months ago
@larchness My fantasy saga consists of thirteen series that are interconnected, so I think it fits pretty nicely XD
-
Lin replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 8 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Lennox would rather walk on his hands.
@nova21 Laurel would choose city.
Would your character rather be a solo artist or in a band?
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Oooh, LOVE THIS IDEA!! I’ve actually done something quite similar once in a story. (Well, I had planned it. Sadly, that story never made it past the first book so I didn’t get to write it. *pouting* But I had a few ideas that might help!) If you wanna hint it, you could try dropping clues like pointing out if they had some physical…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Did you say never find out? Oof…uh…definitely physical features should be key. And maybe mannerisms. Other than that I’m not sure…are their parents still alive?
-
ella replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 8 months ago
@writerlexi1216, @devastate-lasting
Seia would rather jump around everywhere.
Would your character rather live off-the-grid or in the middle of the city?
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I love that!! Thanks so much!! I especially like #9. I can put scenes in every category that you and @erinrramm mentioned, so we’ll just see if I can put it into word form!!! 😃
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Thanks!! That looks awesome, thanks!!!
Ikr? A great example of a really good first chapter is from the Hunger Games. I don’t know how she does it!!! 😃
-
ella replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Those look great!! (ur nails are so cute btw 😉)
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
yass girl!!!!  Keep it up!!  (Next time can you buy me a caramel frappé and ship it to me? 😋 jk)
that’s a great idea!!!!!  I think I’ll try that.
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Ooh nice! I’ll have to check out Canva’s bookmark feature sometime. (Not that I use bookmarks often…I use whatever piece of paper is closest to me lol)
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 These look really great! How did you make them?
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@abigail-m
Whoa, that’s actually awesome that you’re gonna go a few days without internet!!! I’m gonna shamefully admit I’m not sure if I could do that. XD Anyway, that’s perfectly alright!! I LOVE THESE QUOTES TOO SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! They’re VERY inspiring!!! <33 -
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I hate having to say this because I just began the daily writing quotes, but I most likely won’t be able be able to post the daily quote for about three days. (Turns out, when you go into the wilderness, you don’t get internet connection;)
But for anyone who reads the daily quote, I’m posting three here and hopefully I’ll be able to get on trac…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Oh and btw, I completely understand about writing a first chapter that seems awful. I’m rewriting my novel and I’m basically starting from the second chapter, because every time I attempt chapter #1, it always comes out terrible.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Your first chapter outline is extremely interesting!
Kingdom Pen has a really great article that has helped me a lot and covers just about everything on first chapters that I can think of:Write The Perfect First Chapter | The Ultimate First Chapter Checklist, by Kathleen and Erin Ramm.
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Okay!! YUM!!! That actually sounds SUPER DELICIOUS!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
AAHHH I LOVE THIS QUOTE!!!!!!!!! <33
- Load More
