@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Thanks!
How about @ashlyvye
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Ohhh, the black grapes one is rather morbid, don’t you think? 🙂
The town where the “average age is deceased” is kinda weird and kinda funny. It reminded me of an exchange I heard once: Ireland is famous for its tenor singers, but once a guy asked an Irish tenor why we always hear of Irish tenors, but never Irish baritones? Th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal Yes, and I understand that some people want books like that which end badly for the MC, just don’t expect me to read them! 😀 Or at least – warn me first that it’s not going to end well. For example: when I read Romeo and Juliet, it wasn’t so bad because I was expecting them to die, but I read a Jules Verne novel where the hero and h…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine There’s definitely room for that, too. In fact, it would be depressing if every story ended with the hero not solving the problems, but at the same time, I would love to read about it a little bit.
XD 😀 Yeah. It’s tough, with an MC like that in realistic fiction- you can’t just have her want to free her people, or become the next…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Hooray! She finally realized it was a nightmare…but it still didn’t work. 🙁
😀 Nice job. You might want to tag someone other than @dragon-snapper since she was already tagged by (I think) Seekjustice. She’s doing a part of Story #1.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal *smiles at Stan* Thanks. That was a little helpful?
😀 😀 😀
@dekreel If you want to know why I never make Stan disappear, it’s because dragons are real. Also because Stan is always nice and never does anything worthy of disappearing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal I agree with everything you said…except the last sentence. 😀
Did you read my “rant” in response to the one @supermonkey42 wrote? I like to look up to the heroes in the book I read, so a hero who messed up is realistic, and I will appreciate that, but in the end I want him to solve the problems and be a true hero. 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I understand the problem XD. It’s a compelling prompt, because it’s very real. There’s rarely ever a ‘bad guy’ who wants to destroy the world, and a perfect hero who wants to save it.
@supermonkey42 *joins rant*
I have to agree with you, that the ‘good guy, bad guy’ conflict can sometimes be frustrating. Of course, it’s very simple,…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel 😀 Great installment. I just had to be careful how much I realted to Stan, because as a dragon he’s aware that he should be one of the creatures capable of flying up to get a GIF… but his wings are still rather small
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *Tries to cheer you up*
It’s okay. Stan would like to tell you he doesn’t write fantasy either. He writes realistic fiction.
Unfortunately, because Stan is fantasy, his realistic fiction with him as the main character still comes across as fantasy…. MWAHAHAHAHA 😀 😀 😛
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What's Your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien :D. I need to read Wingfeather, but until then…Narnia: (book 2)
Four kids become king and queen of a park full of endangered creatures by order of an escaped zoo animal, who crowns them because they offended a lady who loves winter so much she could have gotten a business deal with The North Face, but also hates Christmas…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Right. Whatever your own accent is, it’s not an accent. I love the song “Why Can’t the English” from My Fair Lady for that reason. The singer complains that no one speaks English correctly, and that “In America, they haven’t spoken it for years!” 😀
I have one CD of Scottish music which I like a lot, but mostly I just have the sh…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I have to leave you now, and you should probably get to bed! I’ll talk tomorrow if you’re around!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Well, yes, but I can’t tell that. As far as I’m concerned there is no such thing as an Australian accent. It’s called talking normally 😛
What about the Mull of Kintyre (I think that’s correctly spelt).
I’ve heard Danny Boy, I think, but I’m not sure about the others. Have you ever heard of Daniel O’Donnell?? He’s an Irish singer…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Yeah, me neither really. I’d like to sing on stage a few times, but mostly I’m planning to be a mother. 🙂
No accent at all…except an Australian one, of course! 😀
I like Scottish songs such as Land o’ the Leal, Jock o’ Hazeldean, Carls o’ Dysart, and Loch Lomond.
Irish American songs: Danny Boy, (That one’s AMAZING,) T…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I don’t have a future career in either, but I love doing both!
Not really. Sometimes I do, I like Scottish/Irish music, but they don’t usually have lyrics, or at least, the lyrics are hard to understand and more part of the music, like in Riverdance. But sometimes my dad likes to get out all the Scottish songs and he is really…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Hahaha! 😀
Yes, it was definitely a lot of fun. I hope to do it again sometime. 🙂 I actually sing much more often than I dance, though.
Do you ever sing Scottish songs? Or songs with other accents? I love singing both Scottish and Irish songs, though that includes Irish-American songs which are technically not Irish, but stil…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Well, if we’re counting church plays, I have actually been in one, which a member of our church wrote a whole lot of us put on for the community. I was Elsa the Doll (as in Elsa from Frozen), but I only actually had a speaking role because my friend (who would make a really good Elsa as she’s tall, thin and blonde) backed out, so I e…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice I don’t really use other languages much, but I do randomly insert lines of songs into conversations all the time.
The only ballet I’ve been in was The Nutcracker, which we used to do every Christmas season as a family. We’d convert a room into a stage with curtains along the walls and seats along one side (just enough for five to t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I sometimes talk in German for no particular reason :D.
I don’t think I’ve ever been in a play…nope, I’ve never been in a play. In a lot of ballets though, as a Scottish dancer (don’t question it), The Nutcracker, Arabian Nights, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Coppelia…
It does look very cool, but it’s…[Read more]
- Load More
