@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 Oh! Pick me! Pick me!
I am a Shield-wolf (a species of human that can turn into a wolf at will, usually for defense). I look like my profile picture and my name is Amber. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks again! I like the statement too, it’s true and it’s really comforting, because in light of infinity, what are our little tiny problems? We can trust them to God because he is greater than even the stars and the moon and sun!
I had a lot of fun writing it! I’m working on the sequel at the moment which is a retelling of A…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Titles! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks! Basically it was trying to capture the idea that the stars are infinite, as in they will exist for as long as the universe does, but that God outlasts infinity. My book is a dystopian retelling of Les Miserables, and the title is part of a longer quote from a section of Les Mis.
…lovers hide in the evening, in the tw…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay! See you tomorrow! (And you too Bobert. Sleep well).
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice It’s only about half and half here. It can also depend on the setting, whether it’s business or casual. My dad’s the only one in the family who has a nickname. 😀
I think I’ll have to go now. Especially since now that I have my little friend Bobert to take care of. It’s definitely got to be past his bedtime! 🙂
See you tomorrow?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
*looks guilty* Sorry…
Its probably the sort of thing I’d say if I got flustered when introducing myself, which happens all the time.
Here you either introduce yourself by your nickname (Hey, I’m Steve or Phil or Tom) if you got a name like that. I usually don’t introduce myself by my nickname (Chel) but that’s what I get called…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 It’s past midnight, and you’re very tired, and so am I, but I think you forgot to give @warrenluther04 a picture prompt, so how is he going to write a sentence? All you did was tag him…
😀 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Stop making me laugh! You’re going to wake up my sisters! Then how will I explain to my mom that it was really someone on the other side of the ocean who woke them up?
Actually…yes. I’ve heard the phrase “Hey, I’m me!” a couple of times, I believe. I will admit it’s not common practice. But now that I think of it, prob…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Where you come from, do you introduce yourself as “Hey, I’m me!”? I should think not 😛
*quickly hides any evidence of ever talking to herself*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Would a self-respecting Australian call himself anything? Where I come from talking to yourself is considered reasonable cause for being required to see a psychiatrist.
@dekreel Sorry. You can’t expect little boys to become used to your unusual physique immediately. I know what I’ll do! I’ll tell him that if you’re not nice I’ll…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine Okay, I gotta scat. Good night! (Or afternoon)
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Wha?! He must be really scared then, because I
*gingerly shook Bobert’s hand*
I am being as gentle as a lamb!
*realizes she’s yelling, so she might be scaring Bobert* *sighs frustratedly*
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Robbit the Hobbit. X’D Actually it sounds like a frog.
“Ribbit, ribbited Robbit.”
Frog…… *lightbulb…*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
For starters, no self respecting Australian named Robert would actually call himself Robert. It’s either Rob or Bob, but never Robert. So there, the problem is solved.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel *hugs Bobert as he backs away from your wolfish face* He’s only a little boy, and you frightened him! Please be gentle and sweet so he can get to know you.
@seekjustice Ribbit, Ribbit! I object to one of my favorite names sounding like the croak of a frog! Why would they use the letter “r” if they weren’t expecting you to pronounce it?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
It’s a well known fact that Robert is actually pronounced “Robbit”.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *smirks* *gingerly shakes Bobert’s hand*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Do stick him in the KPA! Maybe I could have an imaginary friend named Bobert? 😀 *invents imaginary friend named Bobert* *smiles benignly at said friend* *introduces you to friend and warns you not to scratch him when you shake hands*
@seekjustice *rises up with all the knowledge and understanding of a structural poet* Bobert and…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I love the way A.A. Milne does that, I just like reading it to so much. “Pooh was a Bear Of Very Little Brain. And Piglet was A Very Small Animal. I just finished reading the original stories to my little brother and we both loved it!
I can just imagine Bobert being a hobbit. and that’s funny because it rhymes too.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine *starts brainstorming ways to stick “Bobert” in KPA…*
I… don’t know if that’s a word! o o
- Load More
