@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, okay. Would it be okay if I just kept you out of the parts with troll-things? Because your character in the KPAs is awesome, in my opinion. 🙂 But I understand completely. Would you be okay with disbelief-ing them if there were an army of evil troll-things? (I’m considering having that at one point or another. No spoilers though!…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Yep! Still here!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
” It’s probably nothing.” Â She’s not a very good liar. Â “Just be careful.”
We begin lowering ourselves into the Ravine, one toehold at a time. Â The only light we have is from the pale moon and the dim flicker of enemy torches that steadily come closer as we pick our way down. Â We finally reach the Ravine floor and land with a muf…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I really liked something that Daeus said a while ago about short stories. It was something like “Don’t cripple yourself by trying to get the story ‘good enough’ within the word count. A short story should be as long as it has to be to make it a good story, and if that means it’s longer than the word count you wanted, let it be s…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 @dekreel Oh, and I’d be perfectly fine with using my realitization and disbelief abilities against bad guys/creatures that were purely imaginatory. I absolutely love my character in the KPA! (just say I have a really good imagination, like Dekreel did, instead of calling them magical or superpowers.)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Cool! 🙂 I think @catwing has similar beliefs to you: that all magic is bad, but not necessarily magical creatures or fictional references to magic.
@warrenluther04 @dekreel @ariel-ashira
If there are trolls in the story, I don’t think I want to be in the story. Warren, I understand where you’re coming from when you ask if I…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
* hits head on hand* Â why do I keep forgeting the right tag???
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ingrid. Thank you for correcting my part! Â Sorry.
I like the name you chose! Â Now, how can we finish this piece of writing in a raspberry worthy, chair melting, cape flinging way? Â *eats some chocolate to help me think*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@Jenwriter17 XD That’s pretty impressive. Draong. 😛 (And I’m glad you’re looking forward to it. 😀 XD *won’t melt your chair because of it*
@rochellaine @sam-kowal @seekjustice @waterlily @whoever’s on tonight.
Well, I begin my nightly stuff. Starting out by really finishing the blog post this time. Then I’ll edit. Then I’ll write. Anyone else with me?
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira 😀 I totally get that. 🙂 No offense taken. I’m glad you spoke up. 😀 😀 *gives you ice cream*
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
By the way, your purple giraffe’s are so cute. 😉
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel @catwing @dragon-snapper @notawriter @all-other-artists
I started this concept cover thingy for my Dog in KP stories today, but it wasn’t turning out the way that I would have liked. (Partly because it was manga and I’m not good at drawing manga animals.) Would one (or more) of you guys like to actually start/finish it for me? I’d…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine is right on! Â I totally agree with what she said.
I was raised in in a Christian family, so I always believed God was real and that the Bible was his word. Â But then when I was in my early teens I began to really search for a couple of years to be sure I was his and that I would go to heaven. Â It turns out I wasn’t. Â I…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Okay. @rochellaine , you OK? Maybe you could be there to disbelief them…(?) If you don’t want that to happen please clarify. They won’t appear in the next installment most likely, so I have a bit of time to clarify.
@ariel-ashira No offense taken! But would it be okay if I added talking flying squirrels or something? I just think that…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 and
filewriter@base13x are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ahh I meant to tag @dragon-snapper
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel @dragonsnapper @warrenluther04 @rochellaine
I hope I am not offending anyone. Â That is the last thing I want to do!
Some of us may feel free to do things with a clear conscience that others of us wouldn’t. Â I hope we can all continue to be friends while at the same time we can express our beliefs.
Some things are clearly stated in t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
haha…I’d finished editing months ago, but editing is never really done. I’ve already fixed up a few mistakes and typos, but if you catch anymore I’d be super grateful!
Okay cool! I’m torn, because I really wanted to enter this particular competition, but it means cutting so much out….I could wait and look for another competition…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m going to copy Snapper and go eat dinner. I’ll tag you to see if you’re still here when I get back, though you’ll probably eat dinner soon too, right? 🙂
@seekjustice Okay, I was only doing word count comments, but I could do actual editing comments if you want those too. I thought you had completed the editing already.
No, I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
You might need to go further back. It was about two days ago now. I can repost the link here but to understand the prologue you might need to read through the conversation Rochellaine and I had.
- Load More
