@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Daeus started the topic Including the gospel without being cheesy in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hi friends,
@that_writer_girl_99 asked me how I include the gospel in my stories without sounding cheesy. I figured I’d share my thoughts publically here so we can all participate in this discussion.
First of all, let me point out that this isn’t a dissection of the large topic of theme — this is just one part of that. Theme is about more than…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x I think it would be cool if you could fit my turtles in somehow.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin My email is in the doc link. Let me know if you get it
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x 😀 Excellent! Feel free to use Stan and/or me, if you like, and yes, I totally recommend Dekreel’s Character Search Corner as well.
Hmm… tagging @jenwriter17 @supermonkey42 @seekjustice @ariel-ashira
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@Celticcailin heyy so yes I do songwriting and composition and play half a dozen musical instruments and study musical theory. If you want me to check out lyrics and/or melody or whatever, feel free to add me to the email. 😉 I’d have to look over the song before I could give you much useful feedback though.…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Luckily, I had recorded it when I was practising, so I was able to make a transcript.
Thanks for praying, I have to go now 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Haha! I’ve always loved that “meet cute” too. It’s one of the closest ways you could realistically expect to be rescued since we don’t have dragons anymore. 😛
Oh, yes. Musicals tend to make everything better. 🙂
Is it going okay?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh, and I’m doing Romans 5:1-5 and talking about hope! Using books, of course, as illustrations.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
It’s annoying, but kind of funny at the same time. I’d just remarked to my little sister a little while before hand that the most romantic meetcute I could think of would be a girl getting her notes blown away and then gallantly collected by a gentleman. whereupon she would be so grateful she would fall in love…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry!! I’m praying for you.
What’s the topic? (Only answer if you feel like you have time… 😉 )
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Well, you remember how I’m doing a talk for my youth group tonight? Well, I had two handwritten copies of my notes and I was copying it out so that I could actually read it (because my handwriting is super terrible). Unfortunately, with the exception of notes numbers 1 and 2, the rest have blown away upon the autumn winds.
Which…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh my! Yes, I’m around. 🙂 What do you need to be encouraged about?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Are you around yet?? I’m in need of emotional encouragement.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin My email is imexinart@gmail.com and be sure to let me know who you are in the subject line.  You might send it to a few other people, though, cause I am not sure I will be much help. 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I had kinda forgot to tell you, but I loved chapter 3! Skredder is right, it flowed really well. 🙂
I can’t wait to find out what happens next!
Also did I mention how much I really just love Rin? 😉
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x If you have room for a purple giraffe you are welcome to put me in! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Have you seen the Character Search Corner that Dekreel made? It’s got a very extensive list of KP characters which should help you with writing any KP fiction.
Here’s the link in case you haven’t seen it yet.
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Good luck on your class! And congratulations on the words you got in. Unfortunately, I can’t banish this distraction. I’m currently in a hotel room with other people. The best I’ve got is my back is to the tv and my earbuds are on high (not devastatingly high). 🙂
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jess-penrose Thanks! For the most part it’s coming along nicely. Of course, it’s a little hard to write with the tv on in the room. 🙂
- Load More
