@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Alia posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
@jess-penrose, I’ve been meaning to ask, did you ever get my reply to your email from my blog?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, I am. what are you working on?
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@Jenwriter17 I do songwriting too, so if you wanted any help with anything/another POV on lyrics, etc, feel free to drop me an email. *fingerguns*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia @ariel-ashira Are either of you still here?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira, I wish I had time to do that. sadly my self imposed deadline for my book is coming up, and I have to write a speech for my mom
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia I am on, but I am not writing. Â I am actually watching all the videos that Josiah and Daniel made. Â Im about to die of laughter!!!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, @ariel-ashira, y’all on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@daughteroftheking Those are great prompts! Thanks for bringing this topic back. It was so much fun!
Here’s one I thought of today:
“But why would he want to kill me?”
“I don’t know why he will do it, and I don’t know how he will do it. All I know is that in the end, you will be dead.” -
SeekJustice posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey @skredder Would it be okay with you if I put one of the pictures you did for me in a blog post (with all credit to you, of course)? If you’d prefer me not to, then that’s fine!
-
That’s perfectly fine with me! Could you tell me when you do? I’d like to see it. 🙂
-
Thanks 😀 It’s going to be published tomorrow over here https://anordinarypen.wordpress.com/
-
-
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Â I love music, but I am not a songwriter and I don’t play an instrument so I don’t have much advice.
I hope all of your songwriting goes well though! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
One tip: try to match the mood of the tune with the mood of the words to as fine a degree as possible.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira When you get a chance you should look it up on YouTube. 🙂 It’s What a Comforting Thing to Know from The Slipper and the Rose. One of my favorite musical songs ever…but then, I’ve got quite a lot of those! 😛
By the way, I’m revising the last section I showed you of my western where Chara wakes up. You told me you might have…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine No I never heard it before. Â Good morning!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Good morning!
Oh, do you know it?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine That song is hilarious! 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Yup, it’s basically just a comical word. 🙂 Oh yeah, Newsies is American. Okay. 😛
Great!
Yes! It’s an amazing musical, made in 1976, so it’s old enough for me, but the style is modern enough that I think you’d like it. The twist on the Cinderella story in this one is that after the prince tries on the slipper and finds the girl…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Nope. the only time I’ve heard that word is in Newsies, but it is a fun word. Though I think it’s slightly too comical for the situation 😀
Actually, I like the term “swells”, it is a bit old-fashioned, but I think it works with the more slang way of speaking the lower class would have. It’s also the term Enjolras uses to describe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Do you use the phrase “highfalutin” in Australia? 😛 Just wondering. That probably wouldn’t work in the scenario you describe.
In America the upperclass are called “the One Percenters” but…that’s kind of a political thing, and actually the One Percent are usually the more conservative capitalists, so they’re really not the “bad g…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Cool, okay. 😀
Well, point one, I’m trying to think of a term I could use instead of the word “Aristocrat”, something which conveys a similar meaning, and that the revolutionaries could use contemptuously.
Secondly, could I ask you some questions about my novel?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’m up for a little bit longer. (My mom asked us to go to sleep a little earlier tonight since we’ve got a lot of stuff to do tomorrow.) I’m not usually here on Sundays even just for discussions, but I’ve got something I need to do on the computer anyway, so might as well, right? 😀 So, here I am…
What do you want to discuss? 😉
- Load More

No, I didn’t actually… was it meant to come to my inbox or is it somewhere on the website or something totally different?
@alia
@jess-penrose, I honestly have no clue. though it does clear up some questions I was having as to whether or not anyone was getting my replies…drat.
I will try to get the reply to you