@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice We don’t have either of the Princess and the Goblins books, but I’ve read the synopses of them online. I actually watched the Shirley Temple show version of the Princess and the Goblins and loved it. It’s really funny. It’s not quite like the book, but it’s really very good. The books by him I’ve read are more mature fantasy boo…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
No I don’t really think there’s much connection, its just the connotations.
I just remember that Franm Peretti terrified me and I’ve never gone near him since
As for MacDonald, I’ve only read the Princess and the Goblins and the Princess and Curdie, but I love those two books 🙂
I haven’t read that Verne book, it seems. Which one…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I think I researched the Seven Sleepers myth once, too, but not extensively. 🙂 It’s been a while since I read those books.  But…they really don’t have anything to do with the myth except the name, right?
I was literally trembling the whole way through the Cooper Kids The Door in the Dragon’s Throat when I read it probably fiv…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Let’s just assume they are 😉
I’ve never finished either of those series, i researched the actual Seven sleepers myth and was so creeped out i never went back.
I also read one of the Cooper kid stories but it also terrified me. I know I wouldn’t find it scary now, but the memory has been tainted and I’d never be able to enjoy it.…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Dunno. Never been to mission conferences. 😛 They’re probably similar, but I really have no idea.
Well, I really loved the Chuck Black Kingdom series when I read it a few years ago, and I also loved the Gilbert Morris Seven Sleepers series, even though the latter has a lot of plothole or timeline confusions between the different b…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’ve been to mission conferences before, are they kind of like that?
I think its technically for speculative fiction writers, so sci-fi and dystopian too, which is more what I did be interested in. I haven’t read a good YA fantasy in…basically forever. Most of the fantasy I like were written by people who are dead 😉
I’ve never…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, too bad. But I was mostly wanting to know because homeschool conferences are often not like normal conferences, so I was wondering if you knew the difference. 🙂
Yes, I’ve heard of it, but it’s not something I’d be interested in since it’s all about fantasy and probably will have a lot of magic and sorcery discussions going on…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Cool! My parents used to go to homeschool conferences but they’d always leave us at home. I’ve never been to one. But our area has a lot of homeschoolers in it anyway.
Bermuda sounds really nice 🙂
Have you heard of the Realm Makers conference? Its a Christian writers thing and I’ve always wanted to go. I’d like to see New York,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice It went okay. 🙂 We saw a lot of old friends, so that was nice. We’re going again tomorrow for the second day of it. Do you ever go to homeschool conferences?
Oh, in answer to your earlier question, once my dad had a business awards meeting in Bermuda, so he took all of us there. That was amazing!!! 😀
So you have a lot of thin…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I scanned it, but I haven’t read it properly yet. I’ll actually go and do that right now. How’d your conference go?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okay, goodbye! Nice seeing you if only for a few minutes!
@seekjustice Have you had a chance yet to look over that little piece I gave you yesterday?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 It was supposed to be five minutes, right? Or did I misunderstand you?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 I wrote 173 words. How about you?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Just wondering… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@epicaddie2 I like the name of your blog!  Your fourteen? Hmm…guess I thought you were older than that, like seventeen or something. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes! Just give the word to start. 🙂 I’m standing by.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia *sighs and feels a little lonley* So true! Â I wanna meet so many of you guys! Â Keep hoping!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira, so close yet so far. It would be really neat to meet people on here in person
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Conference Season Starting…Kapeefer Meetups in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17. Neat!
We live not far from Sedalia, central/west Missouri.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice 😀 Makes sense.  Like us getting used to deer and stuff where we live.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia We are just doing some traveling around New Mexico and Colorado and various places, so I wondered how close you were. Â I don’t think we will be going that far, though.
- Load More
