@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Skredder replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Okie dokie. No problem! 🙂
-
Skredder replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-anson The backstory is pretty interesting. As far as Kirin himself: what are his favorite things to do? Does he have a little quirk? Does he have any side talents or hobbies? What is his favorite color? Does he like animals?
If you want to, try writing a short story with him in a completely different scenario. That might help you…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 @seekjustice Here is part 9. For the record, this ends on page 44 of 126 that I have already written, only 14,000 of the 40,000 I have done. And it’s not finished yet. If you want me to get you parts I have finished out faster I can do…[Read more]
-
Sink replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey @jenwriter17, sorry to bother you again, but would you mind giving me access to all the chapters you have up so far on your book? I requested access for chapter 6 and I’ve read chapter 1, but I can’t see the other ones(forgive me if it’s just something I’m overlooking in Docs, I don’t use them very often, xD). Anyway, happy writing! 🙂
-
Sink replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
Ah, I know I just did this, at least last time anyone was on this topic, but talking about my character’s most embarrassing moment was to good to pass up, @daughteroftheking, thanks for just an awesome question. Okay. Here we go.
Kirin: Kirin would rather talk about it, because every time he gets embarrassed it seems to be in front of a bunch of…[Read more]
-
Sink started the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
Hello there Kapeefers! I’ve got an… issue with my main character.
He’s naive. And incredibly stubborn, very hardheaded, and just… kind of boring. I don’t even know why. He’s got pretty fleshed out motivations, hopes/dreams/wants/needs etc, but I just can’t get interested in him to actually sit down and write. I’ve been plotting and writing…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira
I think how they react would be a product of who the characters actually are. I haven’t read many of the other comments so this may have already been noted, but I would try to develop the characters more. Thankfully, KP has planty of articles on that. 🙂 -
Sink replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey there @jenwriter! I read your first chapter, and I really enjoyed it. And I think I just sent a request to access the rest of the chapters… I’m not sure though. My google account doesn’t like me sometimes. 🙂
Anyways, I really liked the first chapter, and I’ve got a few thoughts if you don’t mind me sharing them.
First, I really liked how…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Oh my goodness, no! You were not rude. 🙂 You were just expressing an opinion. The reason I jumped out so quickly last night with that very short post was because my computer was acting up. (And besides, it was very late. 😉 )
So please don’t worry about it. I never thought you were rude at all.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
By the way, sorry if I sounded a bit rude in my last post. Sometimes I just say exactly what I think. So sorry about that 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
No, I haven’t, but that sounds pretty cool! I like when you can do that sort of thing to a story!
They get older in the sequel, but I wouldn’t say that they were grown up. Well, the fact is, Curdie in the book is more mature than most twenty-year-olds. But still Irene is……..she’s never been my favourite character in the first p…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Have you heard of the Christian Christmas Carol musical? They change things up a bit so the ghosts are angels (except Marley, who’s still a ghost) and Scrooge becomes a Christian at the end, but it’s pretty similar to the book. I’m biased, though, since I grew up on it. 😛
Haha, yeah, but didn’t they grow up in the sequel? I do…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
When I read A Christmas Carol I was expecting a kind of cheesy Christmas story and it freaked me out. But I did like it a lot, so it wasn’t bad (I really don’t like cheesy Christmas stories).
I have found it. unfortunately, I’m stuck on the fact that an eight-year-old and a twelve-year-old are played by grown adults and yet still…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Haha, sorry. 🙂 I haven’t read much Dickens, but I normally like lighter reads, so that’s probably part of the reason. I grew up on the Christmas Carol musical, which was done every year at my grandmother’s church, so I do like that story, though when I read the actual version it was kind of eerie… 😛 But I still liked it.
Did y…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
You don’t like Dickens???? I liked Little Dorrit a lot. Its one of my favourites. I’ve still never read any of Twain.
No, not yet! I’ll go do it now 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice That actually sounds like a pretty normal plot for a classic. 😛 But okay, it does sound kind of interesting. I’ve never liked Dickens overly much, though. 🙁 I prefer Verne and Twain for classics.
Say, have you had a chance to look up the Shirley Temple Princess and the Goblins?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Little Dorrit is only the second greatest piece of Dickens ever (after ATOTC of course). It’s about a girl called Amy Dorrit and her father, who’s been imprisoned for debt for her whole life (I think 25 years or something). And there’s a guy called Arthur Clennam as well, who’s basically hopeless at most things, and yet we love him…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I don’t even know what Little Dorrit is. 😛 (I’ve heard the name before, but that’s all.) No, I’m not into Disney either. Though I like a little of their really old stuff.
Great! And you like it!! That’s a score of two for me and three for you. 😉 You’ve liked Brigadoon and The Slipper and the Rose, and I’ve liked Anast…[Read more]
- Load More
