@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Cool, you can sew?! I can sew a little bit, but it’s mostly one of my sisters who does the sewing around here. I just bought some fabric at JoAnn’s to attempt making a couple of summer blouses, though, since I need some new summer clothes. I hope it works and I don’t ruin the fabric… 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Gah, that episode is so sad! I like it though. *goes into writer mode* It’s an interesting part of Capt. Picard’s character development.
Very true, there would probably be chaos on earth. *weird little grin* It’s the kind of thing I would love to write, but just don’t have the time. Or, you know, the brainpower. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Bye 🙂
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, @jenwriter17, okay y’all, I gotta get some sleep.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, yay
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, I like the story, but the soundtrack is amazing
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Its quite inaccurate, but I try to ignore so that i can enjoy the story.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, I don’t know the actual story, but I do know it was embellished, so on the off chance it was somewhat accurate, I didn’t want to say it wasn’t.
@jenwriter1, i’m sure I didn’t do it any justice in the description.
as Seekjustice said, the character development was good
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
*frowns at “it isn’t completely historically accurate”*
I don’t think it was even trying to be historically accurate
Still @jenwriter17 it does a good job with characters and plot and its a good story.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, its about the Barnum and Bailey Circus and how it started. It isn’t completely historically accurate, and romanticizes it quite a bit.
Barnum was a tailor’s son, and when the tailor died he was forced to live on his own and find work. fast forward until he is an adult and has a family. Barnum starts recruiting oddities, freaks, to…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, yeah, most good quality stuff is more expensive. I’ll probably just take the ideas and sew the stuff my self.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Kind of. 🙂 It depends on what you mean by affordable. The prices are high enough to indicate to me that the clothing is good quality, but not super high. I don’t know what you usually consider paying for an article of clothing. If it’s too high, sorry. 😛 That’s partially why I haven’t bought anything from there yet. I’m saving up.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, I completely agree. Hollywood has no clue how real life people are outside f their little fantasy land
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, it is amazing. other than a couple words it is clean, and singing is mostly Broadway style, so I love it.
I actually had a story that I was started on, but then I forgot to write it.
@rochellaine, welcome back.
I’ll have to check it out. is it affordable?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, you are here. 😛 Hello! Yes, Blimey Cow is great. I don’t watch it all that often, though. Let me think what one of my favorites is…hmm…maybe the homeschool mom video? That one was really well done.
Also, definitely the “Seven Ways Hollywood is Painfully Out of Touch.” That emphasizes what I and a couple other girls…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia @jenwriter17 I’m back! @seekjustice Are you here yet? It’s just a little bit earlier than usual. 😉
Jen, it sounds like your hair is perfect for doing vintage hairstyles! 😀 Hooray for you. I can imagine a lovely chignon in your hair. Or a simple side roll for the 40s or 50s. The styles that’ll be hard for you are probably 60s hairs…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, welcome. Their home-schooler videos are my favorites, but there are so few of them.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @alia
I was just watching the Blimey cow video about seven things homeschoolers are sick of hearing and it was  hilarious. Mostly because I have been asked every single one of those questions!
- Load More
