@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
No problem, it’s fine. I need to keep my focus on writing anyway, don’t I? 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Sorry for dropping out on you. 🙁 I’m just popping in now to let you know I am not going to be on for a while, but I’ll probably be on and off later today.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Slack-jawed confusion is not necessarily the reaction I am going for.
Congratulations, you have now ascended to the ranks of @seekjustice, who up to this point has been the only other person I recall who made me laugh aloud just from a forum message. 😀
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Doesn’t mean it doesn’t have to make some kind of sense. Slack-jawed confusion is not necessarily the reaction I am going for. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Well, it’s supposed to be a comedy, right?
😛
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Hello!
Yeah, I’ve been waiting for Chara and her uncle to get out of that situation for so long! 😂
Haha, yes, the second has to stay the second. I can’t exactly upload my first and third chapters and leave my beta readers scratching their heads, can I?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you see a high quality grocery bag sitting in your house and it freaks you out…because on the outside of the bag it says “I am a reusable bag” and you wonder why the bag is talking to you and who decided to give a bag a POV anyway, and whether all bags can talk and if the bags are going to start a revolution against…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Hi! As I said above, I’m also going to be off and on, so I might take a really long time to respond sometimes. But hello again. 🙂
@valtmy That is the problem I’m having with my western. (which I’m not working on right now, I’m doing something for my parents’ books.) I already have beta readers, you included, and I haven’t been a…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I am *sigh* working on the first few chapters of my WIP. It is frustrating because I do want to get some betas soon (since it’s a comedy, I really do need to get objective opinions on whether the humour is working before I proceed any further) but I can’t exactly do that right now. My first chapter is done, my third chapter is……[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @valtmy Hi! I am back on for a bit. I will be on and off today.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Hello, hello! I’m going to be in and out for a bit. What are you working on?
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m writing now!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Okay, goodbye. 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I am on, but the family is waking up now so I think I will have to go. I read about butter, but I don’t think they did that in the Middle Ages.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Haha, I can’t mind that you left without telling me yesterday since you can see I did the very same thing to @seekjustice last night! 😛
I see you two had quite the conversation this morning. 😉 Speaking of things they used to do for burns, I don’t know about the middle ages, but I know somewhere around the 1700s-1800s they would…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Neat! Seems like that would help when you are a writer. 😀
Okay, goodnight! Tomorrow for you might be tonight for me. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic So what's next for the forums? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Awwww…really? *hugs*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Oh, I should have known the aloe and honey ones. The rest are quite interesting.
Basically it means I take first aid classes every week and I have two first aid certificates.
Ah that’s me too. I often get up at 6ish to write before my family gets up. I’m probably going to go to bed now, but I’ll happily chat tomorrow 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice These are some things they used:
Honey
Flaxseed/Linseed Oil
Spirit of Turpentine
Aloe
Wine
Cold Water Compress
Lime WaterYou are a first aid officer? I should know what that means…
Well, I am here if you want to chat. It is 7:00 in the morning here, and I am up before everyone else, so I think I can talk for a little while longer.
- Load More
