@jenwriter17
Active 4 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2522
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m working on my WIP. Finally done with the second chapter and finishing up with the third 😀
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Hi! What are you working on?
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m on now.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @seekjustice @jenwriter17 @dekreel Anyone on?
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I’ll let you know how it goes, and please know that I don’t hold you accountable if it’s really bad. 🙂
@jenwriter17  Thanks! Yes, it’s fantasy. 🙂
I have a question for y’all. Do the Prelandrea books by C.S. Lewis count as fantasy?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young *shivers at the realization of what I’ve done* Please forgive me if it isn’t good! I’ve never read it. 😮
At least I’ve read others by him, though. 😀 But do let me know whether it’s good or not. Even though it’s fantasy I might get up the courage to read it sometime. 😉
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17  @princessfoo @daughteroftheking @seekjustice
At the suggestion of @rochellaine, I downloaded and started reading She by H. Rider Haggard. It’s too early on to tell if it’s good or bad, but I’ll let you know what I think!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I would love to do this, but I have no idea what fantasy book I would read. Can you let me know when you do historical?
@rochellaine I like gutenburg too! And they have Captain Blood??!! No way! *rushes off to gutenburg* I have been wanting to read that book. Do you like it? Have you ever seen the movie?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Okay. 😀
@seekjustice Aww, I hope you feel better soon!
@dragon-snapper Do you remember the stuff you gave me when I was coughing in the middle of my sentences? Maybe it would help our queen right now. 😉
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 4 months ago
One can forget a story, alter a story, or even throw away a story, but one can never completely abandon a story.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira @Rochellaine @jenwriter17 @dekreel
I don’t think I’m going to be on today. I’m not well and I just think I need a break from the iinternet annd from writing. I’ll be back tommorrow or the day after 😉
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Yes, I am interested! Thank you so much!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young Oh, and if you have an iphone you can get any gutenberg books on ibooks, or on any kindle app you can get them, but I don’t think you can get them on an actual kindle. I used to read them on my iphone and sometimes on a kindle app, but now I mostly read them directly off the website just on my computer.
You can probably get…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young An amazing place to read free books online is gutenberg.org. Project Gutenberg is a website run by volunteers who put public domain books online for people to read freely and easily. I use it all the time, and right now am in the middle of a book there called Captain Blood, by Rafael Sabatini. (It’s about a pirate. 😉 )
The books I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira No, not at all! 🙂 It’s kind of hard to explain all the pathways a decision travels through my head before becoming final, sorry. Let me see if I can try one more time.
I think the biggest reason was I spent a lot of time on the forums and, like Dekreel said when she went on her hiatus, I could have been using that time to do o…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Reveal to me your secrets!
Yes, sometimes I read books online, mostly on kindle, and I tried overdrive but it decided it didn’t like my library card for some reason and kicked me out, so I gave up and deleted the app. :/
What do you use to read books online?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine No, it doesn’t make sense. Not for me anyway. Are you upset with newcomers who quickly excel in rank? If someone loves KP and can be on more even if they just joined, what is wrong with that?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young Do you ever read any books online? I know of a couple of fantasy books you can read for free online.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Because I had gotten to be one faster than anyone else did, and it meant that I was posting a lot! 😛 I talk a lot in real life, and I guess it translated to the forums. I was still fairly new, and I didn’t want to have a really high rank under my name when I didn’t feel like I should compared to people who had been here for a c…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17Â @all-of-you-guys
I think this sounds awesome!
Now to find a fantasy book… *begs mom to go to the library*
- Load More
