Writers' Corner #17

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #17

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Sorry, I don’t think I’ll be on tonight 🙁

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  Hey!! You still awake? I’m here. 😀

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Oh, too bad. 🙁  See you later!

@dekreel
          Hi!  Is it really you?  You’re on Writers’ Corner?  You’re here once again, after a long absence during which I began to doubt that you would ever return?

…yes, I’m still awake. 😛  What are you working on?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
          @dekreel

@rochellaine  Uh, yeah, It’s me! Have you really missed me that much?? 😉

I’m trying to work on an Aetherlight story, but #1: I have gotten sidetracked on the internet, and #2: I’m getting distracted by my mom who is in the other room playing podcasts out loud and it is sooo distracting and AARRRRRRGH!!

Erm, Sorry…

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@dekreel Of course I missed you that much!! 😉  You used to be the person I talked to the most besides SeekJustice, and then you left me!  You see, I’m not on any other social media types of things, so you went on to SE and the Aetherlight and I just stayed here all alone…*sniffs* 😛 Haha, okay, it wasn’t that dramatic.  There are a whole bunch of nice people left here, and I’ve had plenty of people to talk to, especially Ariel Ashira and Alia, neither of whom I really knew before.  But, yes, I did miss you.  At least you’re back now. 😀

Ohh, sorry.  But, it’s a nice kind of distraction, isn’t it?  I always have fun when I get distracted by the internet, and if those podcasts your mom is playing weren’t interesting you wouldn’t get so distracted by them.  Actually, probably you would.  But anyway, the internet part is true. 😛  I’m getting a little distracted by the internet also, but I’ve been updating my family’s ministry website and my parents’ books and I’ve made a lot of progress, so I’m not too upset about being distracted.

Edit: Oh, and I hope I’m not making you feel bad about taking the hiatus. 😉  I’m just joking, except that I did miss you, okay?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
              @dekreel

@rochellaine  Oh, thank you so much! That means a lot to me. And no, I am not offended.

*sigh* It was for the best! (Okay, the hiatus was. The fact that I have been spending like half my time on the Aetherlight is NOT. I think I’ll be seeing another hiatus in my future…) But I’m very glad to be back. 🙂

Oh my… you have more posts than I do now. *sigh…* The consequences of going on hiatus… (JK)

BTW do you know your MBTI personality type? (Have I already asked you…?)

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@dekreel When I realized that I was an Eccentric Mentor in such a short time back when KP was still teeming with life I was horrified at how much I had been on here and started to limit myself and not post more than a few posts a day if possible to keep my number of posts down.  Now since the Kingdom has been nearly deserted I have ceased to care and simply post when I feel like talking to people. 😀

You may have asked you before and I probably just said I didn’t know.  I’ve since talked with a few people about it, and have taken the test a few more times, so here’s the explanation:  I don’t really work for the test, since the first category is introvert/extrovert and I’m neither and both. 😛  Under certain circumstances I’m very much the introvert, but in other situations I’m quite extroverted, so I usually end up getting a 46-54 percentage on the test or around thereabouts.  I think I get near fifty percent in at least three of the categories, so I…well, it just doesn’t seem like I fit on the test.  I think Ingrid said her mom is like that too.  Well, someone did, and I think it was Ingrid. 😉  So anyway, I think I don’t have a personality type, sorry. 😛

If you’d like, though, I can give you a bit more detailed description of my personality with references to parts of the MBTI test.  It would just be a long post so I’m not going to do it unless you want me to.  Is there any particular reason you were asking?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                  @dekreel

@rochellaine  I understand. Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone like that, actually! I guessed you were an INTJ or something, but…

I’m like that with the E-I and J-P parts. I’m mostly E with some I, and I’m basically 50-50 with the J/P, but knowing myself, I think I’m more of a P. And there’s no question about the N and the F part. So I’m an ENFP. 😛

I was asking simply because it’s fun to know other people’s personality types. I have a giant list of them, actually! XD It’s quite fun.

Joy
                    @dekreel

@rochellaine
                        I assume you’re either asleep, distracted, or simply tongue-tied…

I’m signing off. I only wrote a few words… Good night!!

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@dekreel Well, I was trying to write a better explanation of my personality for you, but I think I’ll finish it later. 😀  I was about to tell you I’m going to sleep too.

Goodnight!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                        @ariel-ashira
                          • Total Posts: 739

@dekreel @rochellaine *hits head on table*  I wish I could be on here more!!!

Rochellaine, why were you scared of being an Eccentric Mentor??

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira Because I had gotten to be one faster than anyone else did, and it meant that I was posting a lot! 😛  I talk a lot in real life, and I guess it translated to the forums.  I was still fairly new, and I didn’t want to have a really high rank under my name when I didn’t feel like I should compared to people who had been here for a couple of years rather than a couple of months.

Now most of those people are gone and the people here are just here for fun, and not quite so much asking questions about writing tips.  People used to pay more attention to writing tips from people with higher ranks, and I didn’t want people to think they should follow my advice just because I happened to post a lot here.    Make sense? 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                            @ariel-ashira
                              • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine No, it doesn’t make sense.  Not for me anyway.  Are you upset with newcomers who quickly excel in rank?  If someone loves KP and can be on more even if they just joined, what is wrong with that?

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira No, not at all! 🙂  It’s kind of hard to explain all the pathways a decision travels through my head before becoming final, sorry.  Let me see if I can try one more time.

I think the biggest reason was I spent a lot of time on the forums and, like Dekreel said when she went on her hiatus, I could have been using that time to do other things.  So when I realized how high my rank was and how often I had been posting I realized I should cut back a little and find a more useful way to spend my time.

If it still doesn’t make sense to you, just take this: I no longer care at all what anyone’s rank is, and I had a reason for not wanting my rank to be so high but that reason doesn’t exist anymore and it’s not important enough to worry about.  Okay? 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice
                                  • Total Posts: 3365

@ariel-ashira @Rochellaine @jenwriter17 @dekreel

I don’t think I’m going to be on today. I’m not well and I just think I need a break from the iinternet annd from writing. I’ll be back tommorrow or the day after 😉

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >